Chapter 2: MePhone

3rd person's POV

OJ sat down on his office chair, looking at the cameras. He's been observing everyone lately, even the employees. He sighed and laid back on his chair, it has been a busy day lately. He looked at the time.

"10:00 pm.. huh, why didn't I realize it was this late?"

He thought to himself, then, someone opened the door to his office. It was Paper, and it looked like his shift is over.

"Hey hun, how are you feeling?"
"I- OJ-! What did I tell you about the pet names!"
"Haha, I'm sorry, didn't mean to."

OJ smirked at Paper, who's entire face was as red as a tomato, Paper quickly breathed to calm himself.

"Anyways, I came here to tell you to call Pickle because its his shift already.. and.. something else."
"Mhm, don't worry, I contacted him before you came here anyways."
"Oh okay good."

Paper sat down on OJ's office table, and sighed. OJ leaned closer to Paper, making Paper blush slightly.

"Have you found anyone?""Any what?""Y'know, a target? For our next victim?" "Oh, of course!"

"Any what?"
"Y'know, a target? For our next victim?"
"Oh, of course!"

OJ laughed, and immediately went serious afterwards, Paper was used to this, but to anyone else, they'd freak out at this point.

"I have four, four targets."
"And who are they?"
"Silver Spoon, Candle, Paintbrush and Lightbulb."
"I know Paintbrush and Lightbulb, but who are the other two?"

OJ sat straight and more proper, he sighed and looked at Paper.

"Silver Spoon and Candle are newer friends of mine, we met one time at an island. Remember? The one I told you about MePhone and all?"
"Ah, yeah, that one. That was one rollercoaster of events alright."

OJ nodded in agreement, he then thought about MePhone. He's been missing for a while now, gone, somewhere, or that is what others think.. only OJ knows the truth of what happened to him.

"Paper.. have I ever told you what happened to MePhone?"
"..No.. you haven't, what happened to him anyways?"
"...."

OJ took his phone from his pocket, and went to his galleries, he showed Paper a picture.

Paper has never been so horrified before, that

Paper has never been so horrified before, that... THAT was MePhone?? Why is he so, broken down? No, he's not broken down. He's completely destroyed, there was no hope in fixing him.

"Wh.. what the fuck..?"
"I know, I was shocked too when I saw him."
"What the hell happened??"
"I don't know, I was just walking around, and when I reached the forest... I saw him like that."
"So you, didn't, destroy him?"
"Wha- Paper-! Of course not!"

Paper sighed, and OJ took his phone to his face.

"Well, with MePhone gone, revival is no use, hm?"
"That's true.."
"Paper, come with me for a second. I want to show you something."

OJ stood up from his chair, as he took Paper's hand. Then he lead Paper to a hidden door, not even Paper knows this. Once opened, there were stairs.. lots of stairs.

"Wh- what is this?"
"A hidden basement, come, I need you to see this."

OJ went down the stairs, Paper a bit nervous but, he went down anyways. It was a dimly lit stairs, it was quite dark but, Paper felt safe with OJ.

The reached the bottom floor of the basement, there was a door in front of OJ.

"Behind this door, is something shocking, so I want you to be ready, okay?"

Paper nodded, as OJ opened the door.

There was

There was... MePhone..? Why did OJ bring MePhone here? Paper's face was horrified, to see MePhone's dead body on the basement.

"Wh- WHAT?!"
"Shh, don't yell."

Paper breathed calmly to calm himself down, he wasn't expecting this.

"S-Since when did you bring him here??"
"Hmm, 2 years ago? Yeah, 2 years ago."
"Why? Why did you bring his.. corpse.. here??"
"Relax, Paper. He's an android remember? He doesn't rot at all, like other human beings."
"Still! Why did you bring him here?!"

OJ went closer to MePhone's body, and crouched in front of him. MePhone was truly lifeless, he was dead, or whatever you call a deceased android. OJ was always suspicious on how MePhone worked, how his creator Steve Cobs made him so unique.. no the other "MePhone's" too.

"Why did I bring him here? Paper look."

OJ said as he held Paper's arms.

"You know Test Tube and Fan right? The smart guys?"

Paper nodded silently as he was waiting for OJ's next words.

"If they found his body lying on the forest, they WILL attempt to revive him, and I do NOT want that. This is our only chance, Paper. And besides, this was for the best."

Paper nodded in agreement, everything OJ said was true. Yet, he looked at MePhone's corpse, laying down all lifeless, worried. But then again..

it was for the best.