Chapter 29: Break In

Paintbrush got a message from Test Tube who signaled them that she's got the parts, Paintbrush sighed in relief and closed their phone. Looking at the casino, entering it, it was like a teleportation to a different world. Paintbrush scanned for Paper and Bomb, who was apparently in position somewhere inside the casino, they are employees. Paintbrush placed their earphones, and looked around.

"Guys, I'm here, where are you?" Paintbrush asked, scanning around the casino.

"Working, what do you think?" Bomb answered.

"Bomb! Be nice! But yes, Paintbrush, we're somewhere in the casino, working." Paper answered politely.

Paintbrush sighed, "I hope you guys remember the plan, its.. risky but worth it to end OJ from killing everyone again."

Despite the fact that Paper was far away from them, Paintbrush could feel that Paper's face was showing sadness and guilt. Paintbrush sighed, "Paper, I know that you love OJ, but you know that-"

"No." Paper cuts off Paintbrush's words, "I'm okay, Paintbrush. But really, I can do this."

Paintbrush nodded, feeling that Paper was looking at them. "Yeah, I hope so, this is our only shot."

"Guys hold on, Pickle's coming to me." Bomb suddenly spoke.

Paintbrush immediately panicked, Pickle? Out of everyone? Where even is Bomb? The casino is huge! Paintbrush decided to risk it and walk around anyways, once they've caught a glimpse of either Paper or Bomb, thats enough for them.

After walking around, Paintbrush finally found Paper and approached him. "Hey, y'know where Bomb is?" They asked.

Paper shook his head, "No, last I saw him was with Pickle, they should be somewhere over there." Paper pointed.

Paintbrush looked to where he was pointing, it was near the employee's only door. The same door that they, Fan and Test Tube fought Pickle in. The same door that killed Clover. Sighing, Paintbrush nodded at Paper and signaled him to get ready, to which Paper nodded in response.

Paintbrush left Paper alone, but Paper, oh Paper. Paper's face immediately showed guilt, he's betraying OJ, should he really do this?

"Wipe that look out of your face." Paintbrush suddenly spoke.

Paper flinched, and looked around for them. "Wh-Wha?"

"That look! You looked nervous, guilty. That you're betraying OJ." Paintbrush answered, "I know that look damn well because, I did it as well."

Paper frowned, but shook his head, "Yeah, sorry! Its just.. I don't want to betray my own husband.. but I just have to! I know he loves me back but.. what he's doing is too far already.."

Paintbrush sighed, "I know Paper, I know. So get ready okay? Once we've taken care of OJ, you can do whatever you want."

Paper nodded, and went to position. Leaving Paintbrush in the employee's only door, entering it. The sight was already familiar to them, it was a dark, dimly lit hallway as always. This just makes Paintbrush wish they could renovate the place to make it more lively but, they're not OJ, they don't own the place. Yet they wish they do.

Communicating with Paper to help them around the hallways has never been proven to be so helpful before, if only Paper joined them sooner it would help Paintbrush a lot. Last time they were here, they only followed Pickle around. And if Pickle isn't there, they'd be lost. The hallways were a maze, and they do not want to remember what happened the last time they went in a maze, terrible memories.

"Alright if you go to your left, you should be able to see my office." Paper said through the earpiece.

Paintbrush entered Paper's office and to their wild surprise, it really did have no security cameras. "Wow Paper, you weren't kidding when you said that your office had no cameras!" They said, looking around.

"Well yeah, OJ trusts me a lot so he didn't give any cameras in my office." Paper answered, slightly flustered from the memories.

"Alright now guide me, where is OJ's file?" Paintbrush asked, looking around Paper's drawers.

"Well I only have a few information in that file, if you want the full thing, you'll need to go to OJ's office." Paper answered, "You don't wanna risk that."

Paintbrush nodded, "Yeah, I don't."

With Paper's instructions, Paintbrush found OJ's file, and read through it carefully. It.. it's Cabby's file, it had her handwriting. Paintbrush's eyes widened in shock and terror, did they steal OJ's file because of OJ's sake? Or did they just do that so Cabby won't reveal OJ's secrets?

"Paper, these are Cabby's file right?" Paintbrush asked, looking at the file.

"Yeah, they were. OJ told us to eliminate Cabby because she held too much information about him.." Paper answered.

Paintbrush sighed, and kept looking. What secrets are OJ hiding? Could it be that Cabby knew that OJ killed everyone else? Paintbrush sighed, thinking about this won't help. Looking through the files, it was mostly just about OJ's daily life as a hotel manager, and what he's doing.

Privacy much huh? After looking through, Paintbrush noticed that some parts of the file was ripped out, lifting a brow, they kept looking.

"Hey Paper? Why are some of the files ripped out?" They confusingly ask.

"Oh! OJ ripped them out because they hold too much information about him." Paper answered.

Paintbrush nodded and kept looking, maybe they can decipher what OJ ripped out, but it was too hard. OJ ripped out a huge chunk of the pages, it'll be hard to figure out what info lies in it.

Then with a simple door click, Paintbrush panicked and looked at whoever entered the room. It was Bomb, he looked like he needed to say something.

"Oh okay good you're here." Bomb said.

"Yeah I'm here, what happened?" They asked, looking at Bomb.

"I just saw OJ leave his office, he must be searching for something or someone." Bomb answered.

Paintbrush's eye widened in joy, "Great! Then we can find what OJ ripped out, and finally defeat him once and for all," Paintbrush said.

Bomb only nodded to their words, as Paintbrush left with Bomb following. Bomb told Paintbrush where his office was, and luckily it was hidden in plain sight. OJ really needs to decorate his office door more, it's just really orange.

Paintbrush immediately checked his drawers, and Bomb helped looking at OJ's work bench. Then Paintbrush found the missing parts of the file and sighed in relief, they were about to show Bomb but then they saw him looking at the door in shock. Paintbrush took a glance at the office entrance, only to drop the files to the ground.

"Looking for something?"