Chapter 6: Comfort

3rd person's POV

Its raining. Rain means water, and water means fear.

OJ stood by the windows of his office in the casino, it was raining quite heavily. He never liked rain, or water to be more specific. He gazed into the window silently, he felt hollow, like an empty cup.

"OJ?"

OJ looked to his left, he saw Paper, who was concerned about him.

"You alright? You've been standing there for 3 hours.." Paper said as he stepped closer to OJ.

OJ didn't say anything, his face was.. empty. He looked empty, as he continued to gaze back to the rain. There were droplets of rain by the window, thunder and lightning all together. He sighed, he didn't want to remember.

"I'm fine.. just.. trying to forget the past.." OJ said, as he moved his eyes towards Paper, who was now beside him.

Paper never saw OJ like this before, he never saw him so.. empty. They've been married for 3 years by now, yet, Paper never saw him like this.

"OJ, whatever you have in your mind, you can tell me." Paper said, as he placed his arm on OJ's shoulder.

OJ sighed, unsure if he should or not. But.. Paper is his husband, he will understand.

"Paper, have I ever told you why I hate water?" OJ asked, Paper left a confused face, and shook his head.

"No.. no, you never told me. If you have then, I probably forgot, heh." Paper chuckled silently.

OJ looked at the window again, still observing the rain.

"I hated rain, because when I was young. A flood hit my town." OJ explained.

"Wh- what?!"

Paper has never heard of this before, no, he's never heard of OJ's past before.

"Its true, when I was a kid, my town was located near the sea. The view? It was fantastic. The sunset was nice, you could see birds flying around, landing on things, eating things they shouldn't, etc." OJ explained, fidgeting his hands together as he gazed into the rain, "I loved it there, from time to time, my parents would take me down to the beach, and we'd play there."

Paper observed his husband, he looked different. He looked, scared. Sure Paper's seen OJ go moody or sick, but, not scared. He's never seen him scared.

"One day, there was an earthquake, and it hit the sea. Boom." OJ said as he expressed the boom with his hands. "Tsunami, and then boom, a flood."

Paper stayed silent, as he looked at OJ who's beside him. Silently observing his husband.

"I.. my parents, were.. outside when that happened. I was inside my house with my aunt and uncle, and I stayed with them until the tsunami ended." OJ said, as he placed his hands in his pockets, "and once the tsunami stopped, I couldn't find my parents."

Paper slowly placed his hand on OJ's hand, as OJ slowly intertwined their hands together.

"I was afraid of water since then, because of that, I slowly lost my thoughts on how to swim. Every time I touch the water, I get reminded of that incident."
OJ said, still holding Paper's hand tightly.

"OJ, honey. If you ever want to let something out, you can always tell me.. I am your husband for a reason right?"

Paper said as he gently caressed OJ's face. OJ nodded, Paper was right. OJ looked at the window again, it was still raining, but this time it was slightly softer.

OJ sighed and leaned against Paper, as Paper did the same. They both felt safe together, as they are meant to be.

"Hey Paper?"
"Hm?"
"Thanks for being with me.."

Paper smiled, and snuggled OJ gently.

They stayed this way for a few hours, until someone opened the door

"Uh, s-s-s-sorry f-for in-intruding."

OJ and Paper quickly moved away from each other, Paper flustered and OJ quickly taking a seat on his chair.

"Yes Bomb?"

Bomb entered the door, and closed it. As he walked towards OJ, with some sort of file.

"I- I- I- f-found s-some p-p-possible t-targets." Bomb said as he gave OJ the file.

OJ looked closely, it was information of 4 possible targets alright. It consisted of Baseball, Nickel, Balloon and Suitcase. The 4 horsemen of "why the fuck are we even friends."

OJ showed the file to Paper, who investigated with him, as Bomb stood still silently.

Victim 1: Baseball

Currently he's in the casino with Nickel, who I assume to be his boyfriend. His massive size can be difficult to handle, but either than that, he should be easy to manipulate.

Paper shook his head, and OJ flipped the file.

Victim 2: Nickel

Like Baseball, he's currently in the casino with him. Despite his sarcastic personality, he should be easy to deal with due to his small size.

Paper shrugged at this one, its a possibility. OJ placed Nickel's file to the side, and showed the next one.

Victim 3: Balloon

Currently with Suitcase in the park nearby, he should be easy to deal with due to his fragility.

Paper nodded, OJ placed it to the side and flipped the file one last time.

Victim 4: Suitcase

She can be hard to deal with due to her trust issues, but she should be easy to manipulate with Balloon.

Paper shook his head, OJ nodded in agreement. From what Microphone told them back in the hotel, especially the incident in the cave, its best they shouldn't mess with Suitcase from now on.

"Thank you, Bomb, I appreciate your help. You're dismissed."

Bomb bowed politely, and left the room.

"So, Nickel and Balloon?" OJ asked.

Paper nodded, "From what I heard, they're friends now. So I'm sure they will be pretty easy to capture together."

"You're suggesting we catch them together? You sure that'll be easy?" OJ asked, unsure of the situation.

"Hmm.. since Baseball and Nickel go to the casino a lot, I believe sometimes Nickel brings Balloon along if Baseball isn't available." Paper explained.

"So all we need to do is wait, I like that." OJ smirked.