Chapter 15: Guilt?

3rd person's POV

"Thanks for accompanying me as always Knife, I know its always have been a hassle.."

Microphone walked down the rainy streets with a purple umbrella above her, Knife didn't want Mic to electrocute and she's the typical person to forget she's half-technology.

"Yeah no, its fine, I know that you made a big choice years ago, besides you haven't talked to her since right?" Knife asked, and Mic nodded.

They took more silent walks since they knew that talking about it would be useless, Mic couldn't help but gaze into the forest that she'll usually meet Taco in. Knife of course noticed this.

"Say, Mic. Do you.. like Taco?" Knife quickly shut his mouth up, that was something he did not expect to
come out of his mouth.

"Wh- WHAT?!" Mic yelled, extremely loud.

Knife immediately pressed the off button on her chest and sighed, "Can you turn that off? You're gonna make me deaf!"

"Heh, sorry- but what?! Why would you think I like Taco??" Mic exclaimed, yet asked.

"Well, you obviously miss her, I mean you keep gazing into the forest you usually meet with her... sooo I just assumed you like her." Knife answered, unsure if he placed his words correctly.

"Well what about you? Do you like Pickle?" Mic smirked, she knew revenge alright.

Knife never thought his face would heat up so quickly before, "Hah! You- you think I like Pickle?? Pssh, that sounds dumb."

Mic kept smirking, it went so wide that not even Knife knew how wider it can go

Mic kept smirking, it went so wide that not even Knife knew how wider it can go. "Suureeee."

Knife and Microphone had a lot of smiling and laughter, it made Taco jealous. Incredibly jealous.
OJ watched behind her, still having the umbrella on him. "Y'know, you should really use an umbrella, you'll get soggy. And no one wants a soggy taco." He joked.

"I don't need an umbrella, I'm perfectly fine! Lets just do this quickly!" Taco exclaimed, she quickly used the bowtie she stole from Test Tube's lab and went invincible.

She walked away slowly, making sure she caught Mic's attention. And it certainly did.

"Hey uh, Knife? Can you excuse me for a moment?" Mic asked, still looking at the bowtie thats walking slowly.

"Uh sure, take the umbrella too, don't want you electrocuted." Knife suggested, giving the umbrella to her.

Mic took the umbrella and quickly walked to the bowtie, which Taco immediately bolted away. "H-Hey!!" Mic yelled before chasing after it, of course this made Knife extremely confused.

Mic chased after the bowtie, with the umbrella above her. As Taco kept running and running, deeper into the forest. Mic knew this has to be Taco, only she and Taco have the bow. So she ran even faster and faster, not knowing how fast she can go, the umbrella is trying its best to catch up as well.

"Taco! I know thats you! Please! We can talk!" Mic exclaimed, still chasing after her.

Taco immediately stopped, and turned off the invincibility. She looked at Mic, and she had the expression of guilt, sadness, and frustration mixed together. Mic tried to catch her breath, as she stopped to rest. Taco went closer to her, clenching her fists.

"You.. You.. like.. me?" Taco asked, also catching her breath.

Mic looked at her shock, but quickly stood up straight. "Y-You hear Knife and I's conversation??"

"Yeah, I did, now answer me you bloody buffoon!" Taco exclaimed, clenching her fists tighter.

"Yes! Yes! Okay?? I do like you! I always have! I just.." Mic held her breath, "I just.. didn't want to confess because.. of what I did! T-To you!"

Mic never thought she'd be tearing up, not even Taco. Taco released her fists, and went closer to her. "I like you too!"

Mic's eyes widened, she made sure her hearing was alright as she tweaked her little settings wheel behind her. "S-Sorry-?"

"Oh don't try to tweak your stupid little wheel! You heard me correctly! I like you too!" Taco exclaimed once again.

Mic's face went red, and she was heating up. It was an awkward moment for the two, "Wh-why do you like me..? After what I did to you?"

Taco nodded, she felt tears come out of her eyes, but it could just be the rain. Mic hugged her tightly, and she doesn't even know why. This causes Taco to hug her back as well, sobbing on her shoulders. The taller one never thought she'd be in love with a criminal, and she only hopes that Taco would change her ways from now on.

OJ watched the two of them by the forest, still holding onto the umbrella. He thought about the day when Paper first confessed to him, he missed those moments. But after looking above, he started seeing more of the raindrops, it made him remember. He took one last look to Microphone and Taco, and he left.

————————————

OJ went back to the hotel, and sighed as he placed the umbrella away. Paper was there luckily, and gave him a big ol' hug. After caressing OJ's cheeks, Paper can't help but wonder. "So, what happened?"

OJ sighed, "I was with Taco and she decided to confess to Mic right there, I didn't wanna ruin their moment so I left."

"Aww, thats sweet." Paper smiled, holding his own hands together.

"It reminded me the time when you confessed to me, good memories alright." OJ chuckled as he placed his hands in his pocket.

Paper blushed remembering the day he confessed to him. It was so unexpected, Paper was a stuttering mess and it didn't really help out the situation too. OJ was standing there confused as Paper tried to get his words together, it was embarrassing but OJ loved the memories.

"D-Don't remind me! I was shy, and embarrassed!" Paper exclaimed, waving his arms beside him.

OJ chuckled, "But look where we are now, we're married now, its been what? 2? 3 years? Since we're married? We should have a child by now."

"I'd rather not, especially not with our job. Its risky!" Paper suggested, and OJ nodded in agreement.

OJ then went to the kitchen all of a sudden, Paper caught up to him as he saw OJ opening the large fridge of his.

"You're trying to calm yourself down? What happened?" Paper asked.

"Rain, thats what happened, I need a moment." OJ answered as he entered the fridge and closed it.

Paper looked at him in worry and amazed, who knew OJ was strong enough to withstand the coldness of the fridge? Paper looked at the rain by the hotel's windows and sighed. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day.