Chapter 22: Damaged

Warning: this post has mentions of suicidal thoughts.

It's been 3 days, and Bomb sent them a new message, it was about Pepper. To avoid suspicion, he was forced to tell OJ what Pepper told them, so now she has been "taken care" of. But this just made OJ quicken up the pace to hurry up, and go to Test Tube and Fan's house. They were the smart ones, they know what to do. Of course, OJ has to "take care" of them first before Paintbrush. Luckily, having prewarned, Test Tube was ready. She was ready to fight for her, her friends, and her boyfriend. She could feel OJ getting closer, she wasn't even sure how she could feel such a thing. Heck, she didn't even believe in such a thing, and yet she's feeling unusual things?

Gripping her hands on the gun's handle, sweat falling every time she breathed. She was nervous, scared- No, she shouldn't be scared. She should be brave, she needs to be brave. Yet deep down, she worries about herself, or even about Fan. He was everything to her, she was everything to him. When they met, it felt like fate. The invisible red string of love kept getting closer and closer, and to them, it was like destiny. Two awkwardly unsocial nerds, one with an interest of science, and the other with an interest with the internet. It was as if they were meant for each other, they were perfect for each other.

If she lost Fan, what would she do? If Fan lost her, what would he do? Would they keep doing what they're doing right now? Would they stop? Would they even be alive at this point? Would they even be mentally okay? Would they even be able to think straight without each other? Would they.. would.. would they suicide..? Would they think that it would be useless if they weren't there anymore? What would they're best friends do? Mourn for them? Take revenge? Or, would they do nothing?

Test Tube shook her head, she shouldn't be overthinking at a time like this. She shouldn't worry at all, but yet, she is. Deep down in her body, it kept refusing to be brave, she wanted to cry. She wanted to scream, to cry, to beg. But OJ would never leave her alive, her or Fan. She had to be brave, to protect others, she must be brave. She failed to save Fan once, she doesn't want to fail again.

She didn't realize how tight she gripped the gun's handle, her hand was red, really red. If she gripped it tighter, would her hands bleed? She didn't even know the current time, was it 12 am? Is it 1 am? Why hasn't OJ attacked her or Fan yet? She hoped Fan hid himself at a good spot, their house was big, there should be many places for him to hide. Slowly but surely, Test Tube loosened her grip and took a deep breath, she needed to calm down.

But how? How will she even calm down at such a situation? Her breaths aren't slowing down, she could feel her sweat dripping down, turning into waterfalls. She quickly wiped them away with her hand, but her breaths didn't stop. If she had asthma, she would be dying already. She gently placed her hand on her chest, and softened her breaths. She tried thinking of happy thoughts, but they all contained Fan, every happy thoughts of her contained him. She should be happy seeing him in her happy thoughts, but it didn't

Instead it made her overthink even worse, it made her panic, and her breaths fastened once again. Is Fan okay? Is he safe? What if OJ got to him first? No, stop it Test Tube, he's okay. If something did happen, the self defense system should automatically activate. But what if OJ knew about the house's self defense system? STOP IT TEST TUBE!

She jumped from hearing her own voice on her head, she was right, overthinking at a time like this is never the moment. She quickly smacked herself on the head, she needs to think straight, she has to think straight. Looking at her gun, the same gun she used to shoot down the shimmers, she frowned. Why was she using this gun? There are so many other guns of hers in her new lab, she could've used the other guns instead of this.

She could use her laser gun, its small, but effective! Its the same gun she used to threaten Bomb, why not use it on OJ? She could also use her tranquilizer gun, the same gun she used back in the cave, the same gun that can be used to put people to sleep. Why didn't she use that one? All of those options and yet she chose this ray gun of hers, she sighed, it was too late to get the other guns at this point.

Gripping the gun once again, she decided to walk around. Like a guard guarding the queen, except the queen is Fan, and that they are in real danger. She was currently in their living room, it was a neatly tidied room. With somehow alive plants that Fan bought, if it wasn't for Test Tube, they won't survive. Their TV was big, but not as big as what rich people like OJ would own. Sometimes the two of them would always watch movies on Netflix, whenever it comes to horror, Fan always screamed higher than an average guy. Test Tube chuckled at the thought, she wonders if she could do it again, after this whole ordeal finishes.

She then walked towards the kitchen, this was the place Fan mostly stayed on, its probably because of the food. Neither her or Fan are good cooks, but Fan makes a really good breakfast. Even though he's not an early bird, and Test Tube doesn't even sleep. She does, just caught up on a lot of stuff. She would always remember every time she was about to sleep, she would see Fan sleeping on the bed, she smiled at the thought. Fan slept like a baby, he was quiet, but peacefully asleep. Usually, she would kiss him on the cheek and join the bed with him, the thought of them finally sharing a bed made their mouths open wide.

Stopping at the kitchen, Test Tube sighed, the knives and everything were neatly placed. Plants hanging from above, even at the shelves. The color was a warm peach and white, it fitted the scenery. It was right to let Fan do the decorating, if it was Test Tube, it would be an entire mess. Test Tube chuckled, thinking about this was actually nice, even if it had Fan in them. Then she sighed, looks like OJ isn't coming today, what was all those preparations for anyways?

But then the front doors opened.