Chapter 28: Sneak

Test Tube went to the Meeple headquarters to find it heavily guarded, Steve Cobs must've done so just so that there won't be any more thieves lurking around. But a new thief who's been in the headquarters arrived, and that is Test Tube. She quickly placed her disguise and entered the headquarters carefully, she looked around to find the guards locations.

Turns out they were moving with a pattern, meaning they won't be able to see her depending on the pattern. She quickly took out her own tablet, she scanned the guards carefully and recorded their walking patterns. She was even able to record on how long they could see, it was like playing a video game, it felt easy for her.

She took the tablet back to her backpack, and entered the headquarters. It was as easy as pie as they say, but its easier said than done. She swiftly moved and none of the guards caught her, she sighed in relief and quickly moved her pace.

She took out her tablet again once she hid in a safer area, she went to her galleries and took out a picture of MePhone.

"okay.. so he's missing his face, his right arm, and his left leg." She thought to herself, "I wonder if Meeple even has these parts, I'll probably steal another battery too."

She took the tablet away once again, and moved to action.

———————————————————————————

She went to the basement pretty quickly, being able to avoid such guards with easily spottable patterns, it made it easy for her to move swiftly. She sighed in relief, and looked around. Wow, the basement was dark! Like, really dark. Barely any light around here, its honestly pretty scary if you're scared of the dark, but not for Test Tube.

She took out her night vision goggles and started scanning around, she needed to find an arm, a leg and an entire face. Sighing, she went out and searched. Scouting ahead, she found a lot of androids, they were all dead on the ground. But they had parts she needed, there was one android that has the face still available but not the chest. Yet she grabbed the android and yanked its face away, 2 parts left.

Walking around, she found smaller little androids. They were also all dead, but for her it looked interesting. She took one and placed it into her bag, and went ahead. Searching around in a dark area was never easy, but her night vision goggles helped her a lot. She scouted for parts, by ripping them each and each. And trying to see if its compatible with MePhone's limbs, some didn't, some did. It may look easy to find them, but not so easy for Test Tube.

She took out the parts from her backpack and compared them with one of the android's lifeless body. It doesn't match, nor does it even fit. Sighing she checked around again, but then she heard doors opening. Quickly hiding but slowly peaking, it was Cobs. But what is he doing here? Surely a guy like him wouldn't be interested in broken down android's right?

But no, he was not interested in the androids, he was interested in whoever is infiltrating the HQ, and he is NOT happy. He somehow figured out that someone is sneaking in, and he's sure that this specific person is in the basement. Test Tube is well hidden and she could see Steve Cobs clearly, she just hopes that he won't notice her.

Steve Cobs entered the basement with his bodyguards, more types of MePhone's Test Tube assumed. Steve Cobs told the guards to search for the intruder, and they immediately scattered. Test Tube still didn't move, she was stuck in place, hoping that the guards won't find her. She was wearing dark clothing to blend in, and these MePhone's get dumber every generation anyways, so she had some luck by her side. Heh, luck, reminds her of a good friend.

The guards walked pass her numerous times as she stared at Cobs, she groaned in her mind, he's just standing there not even helping his guards. Suddenly one of the guards tumbled down and fell, causing some shelves to fall down making some sort of domino effect. Luckily, and somehow, Test Tube's shelf was fine, and she sighed quietly in relief.

Cobs then left the room, leaving the guards all alone, so Test Tube took this chance. She went out and grabbed one of them, shutting it down, and ripping it's body off silently. Luckily, the second guard didn't notice. Test Tube sighed and started comparing the body parts.

They were all compatible, it felt like luck really did shine on her. Until she remembered, she never took off the four leaved clover that Clover gave her. Sighing from sadness and grieve, she shook her head. Without that clover, she'd be dead by now.

Taking the other parts into her backpack, she swiftly went pass the other guard. Knocking it out and taking it's parts as well, just in case. The other guards above the basement were still following their pattern, it's easy for her now, as she's memorized it all. Quickly moving away from the guards As she then left the HQ, she contacted Fan, it was ready.

Fan responded with enthusiasm, jumping around in joy. He seemed fully healed as Test Tube smiled at his reaction, oh how she loves him dearly. Fan quickly spoke to her about what to do next, only to get a silent response. This worried Fan deeply, but then Test Tube spoke. And her answer shocked him, left him absolutely flabbergasted. She is going to find MePad, and see if he's still alive somewhere. But Fan asked if she was sure, to which she nodded. If they found MePhone, then surely they can find MePad.

Fan nodded, unable to say anything, but smiled at her. Test Tube smiled back and gave Fan a quick kiss over the phone, this made Fan blush and just made Test Tube chuckle in amusement. Test Tube then quickly reached Lightbulb and Paintbrush's home to drop the parts off, as she and Fan then quickly got to work.