Chapter 13: Unlucky

3rd person's POV

One fateful night, Paintbrush, Test Tube and Fan were running, as they stopped at Paintbrush's car by the parking lot.

"That.. that was too close!" Test Tube spoke first, still catching her breath.

"Speak for yourself! We should really return the four-leaved clovers back to Clover." Paintbrush said, also catching their breath.

Fan looked at them in confusion, "return them? Why? They're just 4-leaved clovers!"

"Yeah I know, but.." Paintbrush said, trying to find their clover but.. its not there. "Oh my god."

"What, what is it?"

"I.. I can't find my clover!" Paintbrush panicked, taking off their headband.

There truly was no clover, it must've fell out in the casino. The two of them looked at Paintbrush in shock, even Paintbrush themselves were shocked. Then, it hit Test Tube.

"Clover."

"Wh-What?" Fan said, curse his sudden inability to speak.

"Clover's in trouble. We need to go to her house right now!" Test Tube demanded.

Quickly, the three of them went inside Paintbrush's car. As they quickly drove as fast as they can, Test Tube pressed Clover's number, hoping she'll pick up.

"Come on come on come on! Pick up pick up!" Test Tube begged, she even begged into her mind.

Luckily, Clover picked up. "Hello? Test Tube? Whats going on?"

"Clover! Oh thank god! You're alive!" Test Tube never thought she'd be happy to hear her voice.

"Uh, yeah, of course I'd be alive, why?"

"Okay okay listen to me, you are in danger! It was our fault that you got into this mess!" Test Tube answered, "I need you to get to safety real quick!"

"What? Why? I'm not in any danger." Clover replied, "Besides! You know me! I'm lu-"

A muffled BANG can be heard through the call.

"Clover? CLOVER?! CLOVER!! ANSWER ME!!"

The call went silent, Clover wasn't there anymore.

"PAINTBRUSH! WE HAVE TO GO TO CLOVERS RIGHT NOW!" She yelled.

Without a word, Paintbrush drove as fast as they could to Clover's house. Test Tube's voice was distressed, it didn't sound like how she would normally yell. Arriving at Clover's house, Paintbrush immediately broke the door open, there was no time for them to knock politely. Inside, the house was dimly lit, the only light that appeared was at Clover's greenhouse. Immediately, the three of them scattered, where could Clover be?

Fan searched in Clover's bedroom, Paintbrush searched in Clover's kitchen and living room, as Test Tube went into Clover's greenhouse. There, she screamed.

Paintbrush and Fan rushed into the greenhouse, "What? What is- OH MY GOD-" Paintbrush yelled

Clover, she's gone. Shot to the head, she's not here with them anymore. Fan immediately went to Test Tube, and hugged her, trying to calm her down. Test Tube was rambling, with tears in her eyes.

"ThisisallmyfaultifonlyIdidn'tthinkofthefourleavedcloverideanoneofthiswould'vehappenedI-"
"Sshh.. no Test Tube please.. its not your fault.. its okay.. its okay.."

Fan patted her back, hugging her tightly, repeating the words its okay to her. And to be honest, he was crying too, but not because of Clover.. but because of Test Tube. He never saw her cry like this, he never wants to see her cry again.

Paintbrush stood silently, looking at Clover's dead body, and the fallen watering kettle on the ground. The blood on Clover's head is flowing to the ground, slowly forming a puddle underneath her body. With anger, Paintbrush yelled, causing their hair to fume into fire.

"THEY ARE GOING TO PAY!!" They yelled.

The fire on their hair lit the whole room, Clover's plants, her greenhouse, even Fan and Test Tube. Test Tube sobbed uncontrollably in Fan's arms, hiding her face by his shoulder. She lost another friend, she didn't want to loose another.

—————————

2 days passed by, and Clover was no more. After Fan called the police and explained to them what happened, Clover was taken to the hospital for a search. Apparently, she was sniped from afar, straight to the head.

Paintbrush and Lightbulb leaned against each other, Paintbrush was still upset over what happened.

"If only I didn't drop the four-leaved clover, Clover would've been safe by now.."

Paintbrush didn't feel like exposing OJ anymore, due to the fact that, they might risk another friends life, but they knew they can't stop. Paintbrush held Lightbulb's hand tightly, with many thoughts over their head.

"Painty, I don't think sitting on the couch and overthinking is going to solve anything." Lightbulb suggested, she has a point.

"I.. I don't know Lightbulb.. I.. I just can't risk another life anymore." Paintbrush couldn't get their words straight, all those words are just random sputters of nonsense.

Lightbulb stayed silent, and immediately, her hair lit up. She had an idea.

"Oooh, I know a place that can brighten up your mood!" Lightbulb said, as she stood up in front of Paintbrush.

"And, what is it?" They can't help but ask, a place that Lightbulb knows? How curious.

"Come with me and you'll see!" Lightbulb dragged Paintbrush along with her, as they went outside their house. Of course, Paintbrush locked it before getting dragged again by Lightbulb.

———————————

The place she mentioned, it was nearby a hill. And god it was beautiful. The stars shined the sky like they were seeing the universe itself, the moon dimly lit the area, and you can even see the neighborhood down below.

"wow.. This.. this is beautiful! How'd you find this place?" Paintbrush said as they gazed at the sky.

"Well, when you got eliminated back in season 2, I needed a place to calm myself down, y'know? I just lost you! A best friend! So I went up here, and found this place!" Lightbulb answered.

Paintbrush nodded, but didn't say anything. It was very pretty, anyone would miss being here. They sat down to gaze the skies, as Lightbulb sat beside them.

"Soo, did it help?"
"Did what help?"
"Your mood! Did it brighten up?"

Paintbrush chuckled, and looked at the sky.

"Heh, it brightened up alright.. thanks a lot."