Chapter 21: Targets

"H-H-Hey." Bomb responded, simply waving his hand to them.

Test Tube and Fan were absolutely flabbergasted, both mouths opened wide and looking at each other in confusion. THIS was the messenger? It felt wrong, very very wrong. They were expecting someone else, and that someone is not Bomb.

"Al-Alright, I g-get it, you're sh-shocked." Bomb said, crossing his arms together. "B-But I'm he-here to h-help."

"Why, why are you here to help? Don't you work for OJ?" Test Tube asked, taking out her laser gun.

"W-Woah, r-relax, I'm being s-serious." Bomb raised both his arms, "I do-don't have an-any weapons o-on me."

"Fan, check him." Test Tube demanded.

Fan quickly approached Bomb slowly, and looked around his body, patting every inch.

"Yep, he didn't bring anything." Fan said.

Test Tube lowered her gun, "Alright then Bomb, explain. Why are you doing this?"

"B-Because OJ h-h-has gone t-to-too far." Bomb said, crossing his arms.

Test Tube and Fan raised one of their eyebrows in unison, what is he talking about?

"Al-alright the-then I'll ex-explain." Bomb sighed, as he coughed his throat and took a deep, deep breath.

"Uh what are you doing?" Test Tube asked.

"Making my voice clearer so I won't stutter so much." Bomb answered, without his stuttering he sounds like a different person.

"WOAH, H-how'd you do that??" Fan asked.

"Skill and practice, anyways, allow me to explain." Bomb said, "OJ and Taco are teaming up, with Taco by his side, he's gotten too powerful."

"Taco?? THE Taco???" Fan asked.

"Why did he team up with her?" Test Tube added.

"Yes THE Taco, and I don't know. All OJ said was that he needed her help." Bomb answered, "OJ plans to kill everyone who he knows from II, and.. he knows everyone in all 3 seasons."

Test Tube and Fan stayed silent, Bomb wasn't wrong. OJ competed in season 1, despite not competing in season 2, the eliminated contestants stayed in his hotel, making him know them. OJ competed in season 3 as well, he knows everyone at this point.

"O-okay but, why did you decided to meet up with US instead?" Test Tube asked

"Because... you two are his next targets." Bomb answered.

"WHAT?!"

----------------------------------------

A little while later, after Test Tube has calmed Fan down.

"Wh-why us specifically??" Fan asked, his body shaking already.

"You guys don't know?" Bomb asked in return, "OJ killed Cabby with the help of Taco, they're wiping out the smart contestants."

"OJ KILLED CABBY??" Fan yelled.

"Huh, for some reason I'm glad to hear that." Test Tube said.

"Test Tube!!" Fan exclaimed, "When did they kill Cabby??"

"2 days ago, now they're planning to kill the both of you." Bomb answered, crossing his arms together.

"Where did they kill her?" Fan asked.

"Her home obviously, then they told Paper to give her a proper burial." Bomb answered once again.

"Wh- they buried her?? Where??" Fan asked, now he's shaking even more.

"I don't honestly know, only Paper and OJ knows where. But I believe Pickle does too, I dunno." Bomb shrugged.

Test Tube held a finger in front of Fan's mouth, silencing him. "Okay, but how do you sound so calm about this?" She asked.

"If you're working for a secret killer, you'll know." Bomb answered, looking at Test Tube.

Fan grabbed the taller girl by the shoulders, "Test Tube, we need to think of a plan quick! OJ is going to kill us!" He exclaimed, shaking her aggressively.

"Fan, stop, shaking, me!" Test Tube exclaimed, Fan immediately stopped, "Thank you, also no. No more plans, if he's going to kill us, then we'll have to fight him back."

Fan looked at his best friend, his partner, his girlfriend. She wasn't wrong, they don't have time for plans anymore, its time to act. Fast. Test Tube has never looked so menacing before, Fan smiled as he looked at her, hell yeah that's his girlfriend alright.

"Good luck you two, if you need any help, if you're still alive of course, give me a quick message." Bomb said.

Test Tube nodded, "Oh we will be alive alright, thanks Bomb."

Bomb grinned and left them be, it was finally time to show OJ that she too, can be strong. And she will protect Fan and her best friends with all her life, even if she'll die trying.

----------------------------

Arriving home, Test Tube quickly entered the code to enter her new and improved secret lab. Rushing inside, she goes to grab her weapons that she invented for fun and curiosity. Fan sheepishly walks inside, still scared of what Bomb told them. Test Tube then took out her iconic uh, telescope-raygun thing, the thing she uses to shoot down the Shimmers. Test Tube stopped for a moment to look at Fan, he was still afraid but, he felt hopeless too.

"Fan, are you okay?" Test Tube asked, approaching him slowly.

"Well, I would say yes but, heh, that would be a big lie." Fan answered.

Test Tube took Fan's hands and held it gently, observing his hands. He was always smaller than her, even his hands were smaller than her. She noticed that he was still shaking a little, but it soon stopped as Test Tube let his hands on her cheeks.

 She noticed that he was still shaking a little, but it soon stopped as Test Tube let his hands on her cheeks

"Fan, I understand that you're afraid right now but.. I promise you. I will protect the both of us from any harm." Test Tube's voice was soft, and it sounded calming in a way.

Fan blushed, and smiled, "I know that.. its just. What if we don't make it? How.. how are Paintbrush and Lightbulb gonna know?"

"I'm sure Bomb will tell them, now that he's in our side heh." Test Tube said, "Gee, OJ's gonna freak once he found out that Bomb betrayed him."

"Well actually, this isn't the first time Bomb betrayed OJ, the first one was in Season 1, and this is the second time!" Fan corrected, leaving Test Tube's mouth wide open.

They both then shared a laugh, "I'm going to go and prepare the house defenses from inside, OJ will definitely be here soon." Test Tube said.

Fan nodded, Test Tube then let go of Fan's hands and gave him a quick kiss on the lips, she quickly left afterwards. Leaving Fan's face turn redder than a tomato.