Chapter 17: Regret

3rd person's POV

Pickle emerged from the darkness, and approached Knife. He silently looked at Paper, as Paper nodded and left the room. Knife's face was in horror, why was Pickle here? Out of everyone, Knife was expecting someone else.

"Yeah, its me, nice to meet you Knife." Pickle smiled at him.

"Wh-what..? Pickle, this has got to be a joke right? Why are you doing this?? Why am I tied up?! What happened?!" Knife exclaimed, he's aggressively shaking around as the chair wobbled.

"I know you have a lot of questions, but I can't answer them all. All I can tell you is.. you shouldn't be eavesdropping Knife." Pickle said.

"You.. How did you.. wh-what..?" Knife was never a stuttering mess like this, he struggled so hard on trying to speak, yet the words he wanted to say couldn't escape his mouth.

"I work for OJ Knife, I know this because he told me. And.. he also told me to take care of you." Pickle answered.

"T-Take care of me?? What do you mean by that?!" Knife yelled, his hands were clenched into fists, but he couldn't move.

Pickle stepped closer to Knife and kneeled down to reach his height, Pickle was always taller than Knife, but since Knife was sitting down, he was even shorter.

"Knife, you were eavesdropping. OJ told me, that.. you liked me.. is it true?" Pickle asked.

Knife's eyes widened, but he somehow felt his face flush. "Wh-What-? Wh-Where did he find that information?"

"I don't know, OJ has his ways. So its true then, you like me?" Pickle asked once more, this time he was leaning closer to Knife.

"Yes! Yes goddamnit! Yes I do like you!" Knife yelled, this time he had small tears in his eyes.

Pickle said nothing, he just watched him silently. And stepped back to get the things Paper sent in, whatever they were, they looked odd. Knife couldn't see what Pickle picked up as he hid it immediately, from him. Pickle approached Knife once again and crouched in front of him.

"Heh, you know, before you talked to me back at the hotel? I never really had any thoughts about you. For me, you were still the Knife from season 1, of course, that was at the past." Pickle said, chuckling to his words.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Knife asked.

Without a word, Knife felt Pickle's soft lips on him, his eyes widened. Pickle's lips were so.. soft, it felt hypnotizing, Knife can't help but close his eyes, as he kissed back gently. But then, he immediately widened his eyes in shock as he felt pain on his chest. Pickle pulled away, leaving Knife stunned. As Knife looked down, he realized..

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry.. I love you too its just.. I can't.. leave you alive.." Pickle said, tears forming on his eyes.

Knife couldn't say anything, as blood came out of his mouth. He could see his world fading away, he didn't want to die, but the knife on his chest said otherwise. He could feel his breaths breathing slowly, he couldn't talk anymore, his ears suddenly became deaf as his sight failed him too. The last thing he saw, was Pickle crying in front of him, then his world faded into nothing but a black void.

——————————

After a few minutes, Paper entered the room again. He saw Pickle sobbing in front of Knife's body, he couldn't help but frown. Paper approached Knife's body and inspected it, checking for his pulse. He was dead, he isn't with them anymore. Paper sighed and looked at Pickle, as he approached him and gently held his shoulder.

"Hey.. I know its a tough time but, you did what you were told to do." Paper said, smiling comfortingly.

Pickle wiped his tears. "Well yeah.. after seeing what OJ did to Salt, I.. I didn't want that to happen to me."

Paper nodded and went back to Knife's body, he needed to clean it up and give Knife a proper burial. He held Knife's body gently, and dragged it away. The blood on Knife's chest was smearing his shirt, Pickle couldn't look anymore.

"Oh right, you should tell OJ that you did it." Paper said before leaving the room.

Pickle nodded, and looked at the chair Knife sat on, he had regret written all over his face.

—————————

Pickle approached OJ's office, and he didn't realize his hand was shaking the whole time. He couldn't hold onto the door handle anymore, he was scared, scared of what OJ might do to him. But alas, he held the door handle and opened it. There he was, OJ sitting on his office chair, looking through his computer. Pickle never thought OJ would look so menacing before, the OJ he knew was never like this, but yet, there he was.

"Hey OJ? I- I did it." Pickle said.

OJ looked at Pickle, and sighed, "Impressive! I never thought you had the guts to do so."

Pickle walked towards OJ and sat in front of his office table, the more Pickle looked at OJ, the more Pickle could see his true colors.

"Why did you make me do that?" Pickle asked, fidgeting his hands together as he looked at OJ nervously.

"Simple, if I did it, Knife would be a lot harder to handle. But since you and Knife technically like each other, I figured that it would be easier, for you to handle Knife more." OJ explained, smirking at Pickle.

Well, OJ wasn't wrong thats for sure, Pickle can't help but nod.

"Did you do it?"
"Wh- D-Do what?"

OJ looked at Pickle with no amusement, "confess to him? Your feelings?"

Pickle immediately blushed, but that soon disappeared, "Well, yeah but.. y'know.."

"Well, then go, accompany Paper. You will need to go to his burial after all." OJ said, returning his focus back to the computer.

"Wh- what? Y-you'll allow me to do that?" Pickle asked.

"Of course Pickle, just because I kill people doesn't mean I don't have feelings. If I didn't, I wouldn't marry Paper haha." OJ laughed.

Pickle immediately stood up and thanked OJ as he left his office, he could tell his reasons at Knife's burial. He just hoped he would forgive him.