Chapter 19: Spice

"Maybe we should go find Pepper.."

Fan, Test Tube and Paintbrush sat together in Paintbrush and Lightbulb's living room, they were discussing about what to do next. Lightbulb was currently asleep in her bedroom, so the 3 of them take it as a chance to discuss.

"Is it even possible that Pepper didn't suicide?" Paintbrush asked, looking at Fan.

"Well yeah but, there's always a chance that she isn't?" Test Tube answered, "Gee, I don't know its been 2 years since Salt disappeared anyways, it definitely affected her a lot.."

"That's the thing! Salt and Pepper used to work with OJ! Since Salt disappeared, I figured that maybe Pepper would know what happened?" Fan suggested, his suggestion was logical, as Paintbrush and Test Tube nodded.

"Hey that could work! I'll go and find out where she lives right away!" Test Tube said as she grabbed her laptop and started typing.

-------------------------

Minutes of searching and Test Tube finally found out where Pepper lives, it used to be both Salt AND Pepper but, Salt's gone, it was just her left. Fan, Paintbrush and Test Tube all hoped that Pepper didn't suicide, if she did then it would all be hopeless.

Luckily, she wasn't dead. Pepper opened the door as soon as she heard knocking, she definitely didn't expect who was in front of her.

"Fan? Test Tube?? Paintbrush???" She asked, "what in the world are you 3 doing here?"

"Hey Pepper, I know we weren't the closes of the closest buuttt we wanted to make sure you were okay after Salt's disappearance 2 years ago." Paintbrush answered, with Fan and Test Tube nodding.

"Salt didn't disappear Paintbrush, she died." Pepper corrected, looking pissed at them for making her remember a memory she's been trying to forget.

Test Tube spoke up, "and how did she die exactly?"

Without a word, Pepper let the 3 in. She was being cautious but she let them in.

Inside the house has never been messier, if Soap was here she'd clean the whole thing within 10 seconds, but she wasn't. Test Tube and Paintbrush immediately irked in disgust, Fan seem interested as he kept looking around in interest.

"Alright then, lets just get this over with." Pepper said as she sat down on her sofa, it was surprisingly cleaner than anything else.

Test Tube sat down beside her and took out her laptop, "So, tell me everything from the beginning, before Salt died."

Pepper took a deep breath, it was going to be a long one.

"2 years ago.. OJ started building a casino that was connected to his hotel, after he gained a lot of money, he didn't want to waste the opportunity to make a casino, he even made an OJ resort! So then he gathered us...

--------------------------------------------------------------
Pepper's POV

Back then, I never thought that Salt would still like OJ after what he did to her. He nearly choked her to death but, there was a big change. She didn't bother Paper as much, but.. it was still odd.

One day, she and I took a walk around the casino around the backdoors. The backdoors always had an eerie feeling, but it was the only place employees like the others to relax and have fun. But there were only a few employees, as an ex-worker myself, I doubt there were any new ones.

I immediately noticed something odd once I saw OJ walk up to Salt, he's never done this before, it raised my suspicions a lot. But somehow he seemed friendly, and just wanted to have a small chat with Salt about something. I lowered down my guard, and looked at Salt, she looked ecstatic. She smiled at me and followed OJ, I left the two be and joined the rest of the employees at the cafeteria but... I shouldn't have done that.