K A B A N A T A 24

He looked quite enjoying his day. Probably, because the Grand Queen Dowager was here. They started gathering all the gifts at the center. Everyone already laid their gifts for Crown Prince Devour.

It was Seya's turn. Everyone watches her. Of course when I say, "everyone" Crown Prince Devour too.

'eh?'

Her gifts...

It wasn't the one she originally gave to him.

I saw Lyn and Kia, it will take a few steps before they will arrive here. Bumaling ulit ako sa unahan.

Kasabay nun ay ang pagbaba ng paningin ko sa regalong hawak-hawak na ngayon ni Prince Devour.

I've decided.

I turned my back to them. Nagulat pa sina Kia nung makita nila akong nasa harapan na nila.

"Don't bother." ani ko at saka binaba ang tingin sa regalong sana'y ibibigay ko.

"Po?" they uttered in unison, perplex

"Let's go!" aya ko at mahinang tinulak sila pabalik sa chamber ko

I ignored their expression of resentment.

Kaya wala naman silang nagawa kundi magpatianod nalang.

Nang makarating kami. Pinanood lang nila akong itago ang regalo ko sa isang malaking box.

They asked me why, and I answered them honestly and said, "Now for some reason, I just don't see the need to give it to him."

A prolonged silence occurred in us. As I watched their reactions, I knew what they were thinking right now.

I show them a familiar assuring smile of mine. To stop them from thinking that my efforts are in vain - as what they think.

Nang makabalik kami roon ay nag-uusap pa rin ang dalawa.

"I just started a week ago. So, ahm! It wasn't good at all." Nahihiyang anya ni Seya.

"It's okay. It wasn't that bad though"

Of course, he would say that.

Hinding-hindi niya hahayaan na mapahiya ito. Lalo pa't kitang-kita sa mga kamay nito na nag-effort talaga siya. Her fingers were all wrapped by bond-aid.

Busy ito sa pagtingin sa regalong ginawa ni Seya kaya hindi niya napansin ang di pagsang-ayon ng ilan.

They even bad-mouthed Seya's gift. There's something wrong with people nowadays - especially women, their insecurities always take over them.

Her gift was pretty but when you look at it closely, you can see that it was a little bit rush. The combination of colors was good but the fact that you can say that it was rushed just by looking - that's the main reason why her gift is being criticized right now.

But the quality isn't important, right? Am I right, Crown Prince Devour? The effort beneath was the one that matters

Embroidered cloak

na may pagka-cape ang datingan

It was her gift

same with mine

Ang pinagkaiba nga lang ang cloak niya ay may Sleeve at Fur collar. Samantalang yung akin ay Hood lang at may isang color lang ang tela which is color Black tas ang design ay ang kulay na puti, blue at gold na sinulid ang ginamit ko

"Let me, Your Highness!"napabalik ang tingin ko sa unahan. Yumuko nang kaunti sa harapan ni Seya si Koronang Prinsipe para maabot at mailagay sa kaniya ang cloak na gawa ni Seya.

Nakangiti namang inayos iyon ni Seya. Nang umangat ang paningin ni Prince Devour ay nagkataon na tumama iyon sa akin. Medyo umawang ang mga labi niya pero sandali lang at binigay na ulit ang atensyon kay Seya na katatapos lang ayusin ang cloak na ngayon ay suot-suot niya.

"Weren't you supposed to give His Royal Highness a birthday present, Milady?"

"Cut the formalities, Kaito."

"Does it feel weird?"

"No offense!" I said, grinning.

He jokingly rolled his eyes at me and then, pat my head before inviting himself to sit beside me. "You seem down."

"No way!"

"Don't tell me... because of what happened earlier?"

"T, That's no way!"

I don't know why I stutter. It was as if there was a lump in my throat.

He teased me a little. "I heard you've been busy preparing for your gift for him. What happened? Why you didn't give it to him? Why did you suddenly change your mind?"

"Eeh? With whom you heard that?"

"Just ignore it."

"Correction, hindi narinig kundi nabasa. You're invading someone's privacy."

And even invalidating the word, "privacy"

'He-gave-me-here-we-go-again-look'

"You're changing the subject."

"I wasn't. It was so close."

Kaito probably sensed my uneasiness because he asked if the pins were too tight or pressing too hard at my scalps.

"Her gift was similar to mine." panimula ko matapos kong alisin yung mga bobby pins sa buhok ko.

"So?"

"Girl, news flash! I didn't want to be called a copycat!"

"You mean?" He continues giving me a scruple stare of his. "Your pride won't take it, right?"

di ko naman siguro kasalanan kung alagang-alaga ko yung pride ko diba?

"Where's my gift?"

"Excuse me?"

"..."

"What do you mean by that? Ang demanding mo naman!"

He tilts his head at boring akong tiningnan habang inilalahad ang palad niya sa harapan ko

"Some say you had one. Where is it? Hurry! For the sake of your effort, I'll accept it."

"Wow? Thanks for your heart-whole consideration."

"But nuh ― nasabi ko na naman sayo diba? I forgot to prepare one."

"Really huh? As I recall, it was your habit to send me gifts every year."

"Dati yon. At talagang nasanay at nage-expect ka na? Kada year pala e, edi sapat na yun. Ibig sabihin, my gift isn't necessary."

"Who says?"

"Who says?!" I imitate

"Wow! You're confusing."

"Ay? Sa'yo pa nanggaling yan?"

"That's the last straw." wow naman

siya pa itong may ganang maubosan ng pasensya?

That's it. Bago pa man siya makalayo ay pinarinig ko talaga sa kanya ang huling salita ko.

"I so hate that attitude of yours."

he just shrugged his shoulders and gave me a silent 'and so? I was born with it'

D'mn that 'Devour' his and his ignorance frustrate me to no end