Chapter 34

Ealize's POV

I felt sweat drenching my palm and I could even feel goosebumps coming out of my arms. I have psychological trauma with dogs since I experienced being cornered by five dogs once. One of them bit my ankle and the other, thankfully, only bit my trousers. The other three were just barking fiercely. I couldn't understand why they reacted like that. I did not do anything at all!

 They were stray dogs, and once the first one started barking, the other four followed. With this trauma, and the huge wolf looking at my eyes below me, for once, i actually wanted to let that uncle call me so that i could actually faint.

A small whimper escaped from my mouth as I felt myself trembling. I put my hands over Zach's hand, which was placed at my waist, stabilizing my form.

"Erich, stay in your human form," Zach broke the silence.

I heard the wolf whimpering before I saw, what I would deem an unbelievable sight. I just watched that huge wolf transform into a human in a matter of seconds.

and no.... it was not a magical or beautiful transformation. It looks like it came from a horror movie. I swear, I think the genre of this story has changed to horror.

There was bone breaking and skin tearing...

A small groan and whimper came out of that wolf before it transformed from a beast to a human child.

My heart was beating too fast.

I don't think I want to witness another transformation soon...

The naked child, whose name is Erich, looked up at Zach and pouted with an aggrieved expression.

"I'm sorry uncle Zach, i didn't mean to" He looked at us with tears in his eyes and I couldn't stay scared at all. I think my heart is gonna melt.

You're weak to children

I am...

I immediately used Zach's arms as a support to go back down to the floor. I squatted down so that my eyes could level with Erich's, and smiled.

"It's fine, don't cry I was just startled, its fine, its fine..." I coaxed as I gave the child a hug and rubbed his back, trying to sooth his crying.

I was about to carry Erich up, when Zach took him out of my arms and into his, instead.

"You can't carry him, he's heavy..." he reasoned, as he carried Erich himself.

I grimaced as I honestly think that he's being dramatic, but of course, i did not point that out and just let him carry the child.

"What are you doing here, Erich?" Zach asked.

"I just wanted to ask if I could watch the training session tomorrow too?" Zach answered sweetly.

I was wondering why a child wanted to go to a training session, so I asked

"Why do you wanna go to a training session?"

Erich looked at me, then flushed red. He hid himself in the nook of Zach's neck before answering in a very small voice

"I...i wanna see...uncles" he answered vaguely

"Why do you wanna see uncles?" I asked amused

This time Erich faced me with sparkling eyes

"Because, because...they're so cool!!! They fight like wooosh!!! then bam!! then! then punch, punch! punch! kick! Hiyah!!!" I almost couldn't stop myself from giggling as Erich tried his best to imitate the action and background noises as the pack members fight. He pouted his little lips and made a punching gesture while also kicking his little feet, which made Zach put him down so that he could fully demonstrate it for us to see.