NAMJOON

Sunday, 20/03/22

I’m sitting at the island in the kitchen having my morning elixir, black coffee, when the guys start filing down the stairs one by one.

All of them with scowls on their faces and in different states of awareness. As is the case every morning. Nobody is a morning person in this house really.

I know they’re hungover right now and it’s very entertaining to watch. So, with a bright smile on my face, I greet them.

“Good morning, boys.”

Grumbled responses and colourful words are sent my way and I can’t help but let out a chuckle.

Taehyung is the last to enter the kitchen and makes a beeline to me. He’s also obviously hungover but is in a better mood than the other guys.

When he gets to me, he pries my legs open and stands between my knees with his arms around my torso and his face in the crook of my neck.

I wrap my arms around him and pull him to me, placing a kiss on his hair.

“If I wasn’t so damn hungover, I would think that’s cute. But right now, I’m jealous.” Jungkook whines with a small pout.

“Why are you jealous, baby?” I ask him, trying not to laugh at his whining and pout.

“I wanna cuddle too.” He says, still whining.

“Come here.” Jin says from the other side of the counter, while opening his arms.

A big smile spreads across Jungkook’s face before he rounds the counter and situates himself in Jin’s arms. Much like how Taehyung is with me. “There. Are you happy now?”  Jin asks, pretending to be annoyed but not fooloung anyone, and Jungkook nods against his shoulder with his eyes closed.

“So,” Jin asks once he’s done kissing all over Jungkook’s face, said male is snuggled into him with a smile and a blush on his cheeks, “What does everyone want for breakfast?”

“We’ll have cereal, Jin. Take it easy today.” Yoongi says, probably because Jin is also hungover right now but pretending hes not. Plus he gets very bad headaches in the mornings so I know its worse right now with his hangover.

I can’t help but agree, Jin needs rest too and cooking for us would be cruel on him in the state he’s in.

“Yeah, you should rest, Jinnie.” Hoseok says, his head peeking out from the fridge. He takes out the pitcher of milk and places it on the counter before grabbing some cereal, bowls and spoons for everyone. “I’ll make breakfast today because it’s not something burnable.” He adds with a big smile on his face.

The last time Hoseok cooked, the stove had to be replaced. He was making an egg and managed to burn, not only the eggs, but everything else that he was using. Even the eggshells!

Don’t ask me how.

After Hoseok managed to make breakfast without accidentally killing anyone, we moved to the living room to relax.

It’s Sunday and we already had a date yesterday so we wont be going out today.

I had forgotten about Danica until, halfway into Jimin’s cartoon, she strutted into the room and plopped herself on the couch right next to Jin, who stiffened.

The relaxed and happy atmosphere immediately diminished at her presence.

Jungkook’s glare would’ve killed her if looks could kill. Taehyung was scowling at her.

Jimin had a pout on his face because his fun had been ruined. Hobi shuffled closer to me and away from her.

He wasn’t even looking in her direction, just staring at his hands on his lap.