JUNGKOOK

Sunday, 22/03/22

Hoseok is fast asleep next to me as I stare at him, unable to fall asleep.

I've been staring at his relaxed face for hours and I can't seem to look away. His fever has reduced significantly but he still falls asleep a lot.

Ever since he got discharged yesterday, he has been falling asleep roughly every hour. Only being able to stay up for a few minutes to eat a little before going back to sleep.

We haven't left- I haven't left his side since Friday night and I don't think anyone could get me to leave at this point.

I was at campus when... when it happened and I don't want to leave his side anymore. If it were up to me, I'd live under his skin.

That's creepy, Jungkook, even for you.

I'm sure anyone would understand why I don't want to leave him anymore. I was too hard on him when Danielle was here and I feel guilty for that.

I feel like he thought I didn't love him anymore with how much I yelled at him during one of the hardest times in his life.

I can't help but blame myself for this too.

I was there when his father called. I heard everything and saw how much it killed him but I didn't console him enough.

I tried during the week to get him to understand that none of what his father said was even remotely true, but I failed nonetheless.

I should've seen this coming and I didn't. I didn't because I assumed Hoseok was as strong as Jin.

I assumed that he could handle it and that he'll be okay in his own time. I was wrong. I was so fucking wrong and now I regret it.

I regret yelling at him. I regret giving him the silent treatment. I was so immature during this whole thing and only responded with anger instead of hearing him out.

I failed my boyfriend. I failed both Hoseok and Jin.

"Why are you crying, Kook?" Hoseok's hoarse voice sounds, making my eyes open wide.

I didn't even realize I was crying until he pointed it out.

When I look at him, the colour is slowly returning to his skin. His eyes are still slightly glazed over but that could be because he was sleeping. His lips are dry.

He's looking at me with concern in his eyes like he didn't almost die. "Hi." I greet him shakily, not knowing what else to say.

He smiles. It's smaller than his usual smile but it doesn't look fake and that brings me unimaginable joy.

"Hi baby." He greets back with a scratchy voice, looking over my face before lifting his hand shakily.

I watch as he places it on my cheek, drying my tears with his thumb as his own eyes brim with tears. "I- I'm so sorry baby."

I did not want to cry today but seeing him like this, tired and not being a ball of energy hurts so bad.

A small sob escapes my lips at his apology. I shake my head no over and over again. He doesn't need to apologize to me.

"It's okay," my voice is thick with emotion, another sob breaking free as he shakes his own head. I cup his cheek to make him look at me. "You're okay. We'll be okay."

I pull him to my chest, hugging him tight as tears fall out of both our eyes. His hand weakly clutches my t-shirt and my heart aches so bad I want to rip it out.

I whisper reassuring words to him as he cries, failing to keep the cracks out of my own voice.

"Do you want some water babe?" I ask  him after some time. He must be dehydrated from all the crying and sleeping.

He doesn't respond though so I ask again. When I don't get a response again, I pull back panicking only to find that he's fallen asleep again.

I release the breathe I was holding and hold him as he sleeps.

I don't know when I fell asleep but when I wake up, Hobi is no longer in my arms or in the bed with me.

I quickly shoot up from my sleeping position, looking around the room before I calm down when I see him and Yoongi on the couch.

Yoongi is feeding him some kind of soup with Hobi curled up on his lap.

I sigh in relief before plopping back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Jungkook, aren't you hungry baby?" Yoongi asks making me lift my head to see them both looking at me with concern.

I haven't been able to eat in a while and I understand their concern. I haven't had anything solid to eat since Friday, only being able to stomach small amounts before I lose my appetite again.

I give them a small smile in reassurance before I shake my head no.

Yoongi gives me a look making me chuckle slightly, "I'm okay, I promise." I tell him honestly.

"No." Hoseok says before he carefully gets out of Yoongi’s lap. He makes his way over to the bed, his movements slow and uncoordinated, making me get out to meet him halfway.

He's not steady on his feet yet, "Hobi be careful. Sit back down!" I try to be stern with him even though he's older than me. I couldn't care less about that right now though.

He stands there, stubbornly crossing his arms over his chest while glaring at me, "I will sit down only if you eat something."

I look at him incredulously because he's risking his own health by being a stubborn ass. But if that's what he wants then, "Ugh fine, just sit down please." I practically beg him.

The last thing I want is for him to get hurt because I wouldn't eat. I'll just have to work up an appetite if it appeases him.

He smiles in satisfaction before he turns back and we walk together towards the couch.

I grumble under my breath as I fill my plate with the food that Yoongi brought  in a cart, both him and Hoseok looking at me with amusement.

Jerks!

A pout subconsciously comes onto my face as they watch me eat with amused smiles.

Hoseok has his head comfortably nestled on Yoongi's shoulder, a small but victorius smile on his face.

I keep side eyeing then so they know I'm mad and my eye twitches when I hear Hoseok mutter 'cute', under his breath.

I am so mad right now that I'm being forced to eat and they think it's cute.

I glare at him as I stuff my face, realizing how hungry I am but also not admitting it to them.

Jerks.

When I'm done eating, I put my plate back on the cart, "I'm going to take a shower." I grumble under my breath before I stomp to the bathroom.

These jerseys try but fail to hold in their laughing, making me hide my smile as I turn to the direction on the bathroom.

I love them so much.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I miss Jungkook so bad Im about to throw up 😩

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●I miss Jungkook so bad Im about to throw up 😩