NAMJOON

Monday, 21/03/22

Jin is acting weird. Not really weird but it’s like his usual normal self but not at the same time.

I mean, I’m glad he’s not unconscious anymore, but he’s acting like yesterday never happened.

Is this a trauma response or something? It would make sense that his mind got overwhelmed with yesterday’s events to the point where it shut them out.

It's the only logical explanation, or at least what I can come up with at the moment.

Maybe Taehyung or Jimin might know. Looking at them though, they look concerned. Very concerned and now I’m even more worried.

“Jin, baby, are you alright?” Yoongi asks him cautiously. He’s looking at him with concern and worry but I think he knows what’s happening.

They have been friends since middle school and Yoongi was there for Jin in his hardest days.

Yoongi had told us that Seokjin never told him about what was happening at his home until the end of their senior year in high school.

He said he used to have the most severe panic attacks back then and that he only got better when they finally moved away after graduation.

Seokjin’s father had thrown a fit when that happened and that was how he was finally caught.

He had been able to hide that he had been sexually assaulting his son for years.

Seokjin didn’t report it because he was scared of his father, who had repeatedly told him that no one will believe him if he said anything.

He drilled it into his head that he deserved what was happening and that  he should accept it.

Yoongi told us that sometimes, Seokjin would forget what happens at home for days on end.

Like his brain would shut off those memories as though they’ve never happened. I think that is what is happening right now.

Danica touching him must’ve evoked all those bad memories until his mind got overwhelmed and shut them all off.

I’m glad he’s not freaking out right now but this is also very unhealthy.

His therapist had said that he should make an appointment if this happens again and I think I should do that right now.

He might not remember what happened but that alone is the reason why he can’t make the appointment himself since he doesn’t know he needs it.

I’m snapped out of my thoughts when I feel arms being wrapped around me from behind. Jungkook’s arms. 

His face is buried between my shoulder blades and, judging by the wet patches that are accumulating on my tank top, it’s safe to assume he’s crying right now but he doesn’t want Jin to see.

Which is why he’s hiding behind me.

I want to comfort him but I can’t since Jin will definitely notice and he’s confused enough as it is.

So I let Jungkook seek his comfort by touching me and I’m  hoping it's enough for now.

“Yeah? I’m alright, why?” Jin asks, confused. He really doesn’t remember what happened yesterday. I’ll have to call his therapist then.

I don’t know if I want to be the one to remind him and risk another panic attack.

“We have to go see Mr. Lee today.” I decide to tell him honestly because he needs to see his therapist even though he doesn’t remember what happened yesterday.