7 Healed

Stefanie POV

I sat on my bed and flipped through the papers the nurse had given me earlier. It was a lot of information and numbers. I sighed heavily as I put it back into the big envelope. I had plenty of time later to deal with it.

Carefully, I got up from the bed. Part of me was still waiting for the pain, but fortunately nothing happened. That was good. A great relief. Slowly I went to the bathroom and started packing everything into a bag. When I was done, I went back to my room to pack my clothes as well.

I was putting the last of my clothes from the closet into the suitcase when there was a knock on the door. If it was the doctor, it was earlier than I expected.

"Come in!" I said.

Then the door opened and to my great surprise it was not the doctor. It was a man I much preferred to see.

"Roman! What are you doing here? I thought you had a show tonight!" I said joyfully.

With big steps he came towards me. Very gently he put his arms around me. Just like me, he was afraid that a pain would occur. But again nothing of that nature happened. It was rather the opposite. I felt somehow lighter. And when he gave me a light kiss on my forehead, my inside tingled.

"Hi baby girl. That's true. But there's been a change of plans and I'm not needed. So I thought I'd surprise you. What are you doing? You packed?" he replied as his eyes fell on my suitcase.

"Yeah, the doctor said I could go back home today. He'll be by in a little while so I can sign the discharge papers. Leo will be here in an hour to take me home." I explained to him.

"Oh.... that's great!" he said, not sounding excited.

"What's the matter? Aren't you glad that I'm healthy again and can go home? " I asked with a frown as I tried to figure out what his sad face could mean.

"Of course I'm glad you're well again, Steffi. It's just... unexpected." replied Roman.

I looked him firmly in the eyes. He tried to smile, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Could it be that you're afraid you won't be able to visit me anymore?" I wanted to know.

"Kinda..." he mumbled and turned his head to the side.

I put my hand on the side of his neck and waited patiently for him to look at me again.

"Just because I get to go home doesn't mean I don't want to see my hero anymore. On the contrary. I think it gives us a whole new opportunity to get to know each other, Roman. Don't worry about it." I whispered.

And my words indeed seemed to soothe him. The beautiful smile I had grown to like appeared on his face. His hands which were still resting on my hips pulled me a little closer to him.

"I just wanted to make sure you weren't tired of seeing me," he said softly.

Instead of answering, I stood on my tiptoes and stretched up to him. I didn't quite manage it because he was so tall, but luckily he knew what I was up to. Slowly it leaned toward me. Our lips touched tenderly as there was a knock on the door.

"Oh dang it." I grumbled as the doctor came in.

---------------------

"And please remember, Miss King, to take it easy. Your injuries may have healed, but that doesn't mean you're back to 100 percent. Also, I would like to remind you to take good care of your head. Another head injury could have serious consequences. If you have any pain or any other concerns, just come in," said the doctor after he had gone over everything with me and I had signed the necessary paperwork.

"Thanks Doc. For everything. But I hope I won't have to see you again," I said.

The doctor laughed and then said goodbye. He left the room. Now Roman and I were alone once again.

"Let's get you home, Miss King," Roman said.

"What, but Leo isn't here yet." I replied, confused.

"Oh I texted her that I was taking you home. She'll come by and bring Reese home." he explained to me.

For a brief moment I was frozen. It was long enough for him to notice. He looked at me questioningly.

"I... I don't know if that's such a good idea." I muttered, lowering my gaze as I played with the hem of my shirt.

"Why not? Don't you trust me?" he asked. I could hear in his voice that he was hurt, even if he tried not to let it show.

"Of course I trust you. With my life, even. The problem is.... well... I'm afraid I'm going to have a panic attack. You know.... you remember what happened the last time I was in a car?" I explained to him quietly.

"Hey... it's okay. I can handle it and I promise I'll take good care of you. We'll take as much time as you need." he replied.

I lifted my eyes and saw how serious he was. The look in his eyes showed me that he would do anything to protect me.