31 Spilling the beans

Roman POV

"Do you have everything?" I asked my wife as I took the bag from her hand.

"Yes, I have everything. I'm so excited! Do you think Mom suspects anything yet?" she replied as she picked up Reese in his little outfit.

"I wouldn't be surprised. But at least she hasn't said anything yet. I just hope she'll even let us go to the appointment after we tell her," I said with a laugh as I took Steffi's hand in my free one and walked her to the car.

Today was our first appointment to see our precious gem. When we went to the doctor right after our honeymoon, it had been too early for an ultrasound. At least that's what the doctor told us, but I wasn't convinced. Probably it had more to do with my impatience.

And since neither of us could keep it to ourselves for even an hour longer, we decided to surprise mom. 10 weeks was actually a little too soon, but we were already about to burst.

I drove us to my mother's house and thought the whole time about how she would react. As I thought about it, I could already hear her shrieks of joy.

"How are you feeling today?" I wanted to know as I took Stefanie's hand in mine and squeezed it lightly.

"Pretty good, actually. Just a little tired. I can't tell you how happy I am to not have morning sickness. The little one apparently knows I've been through enough crap in this life and doesn't want to add to it." she laughed.

"That's why it's our little gem, baby girl. Baby Reigns knows what's right." I replied proudly, lifting my wife's hand and pressing a kiss to it.

"That's true. You know... when the time comes and we know if it's going to be a girl or a boy, we need a worthy name. Something that fits us. Our last names alone commit to awesomeness. King and Reigns. Roman means strong and powerful. And Stefanie means crown. We should find something that matches. Something royal," she explained to me.

"Crown? Really? Then I've chosen the right wife, haven't I? A true queen. I knew we were meant for each other," I said.

"Yes, it certainly seems that way. When I mentioned the name King-Reigns to my business partners, they were amazed," she replied with a giggle.

However, Stefanie only used the double name for work to avoid confusion. After all, she had worked many years for her good name and reputation. And of course it was also a tribute to her parents. Renée had also said from the beginning how genius this name was and I couldn't help but agree with her.

"I can imagine. I am sure we will find a great name for our baby. We still have plenty of time," I said as I parked the car.

"Okay, Reese. Time for your grand entrance. Let's see what Gram has to say." said Steffi to the dog in her arms.

"Mom?" I called as I opened the door and let Stefanie and Reese enter.

"Hi my darlings. It's so good to see you!" said Mom as she came around the corner and immediately wrapped us in her arms.

"How are you Mom?" asked Steffi.

"Oh quite excellent. Reese, come here my little guy! What are you doing here so early?" Mom replied as she took Reese out of Steffi's arms.

"We have an appointment and wanted to ask if you could watch Reese for us." I explained.

"Why, of course! What a question. What's your appointment, if you don't mind me asking?" she wanted to know.

"Oh the answer to that is on Reese's shirt." my wife said with a smirk as she wrapped her arms around my middle.

My hand rested on her hip as we both watched Mom look closely at Reese. Her lips moved as she read the words on the shirt.

Mommy and Daddy made me a little human!

"Oh my goodness!" she gasped, quickly setting the dog on his little feet.

Not a second later we were in her arms. Mom sobbed quietly as tears of joy welled up in her eyes.

"Congratulations. That's wonderful news. I'm going to have another grandchild. Oh I have to start getting things for the little one right away." I said as she hugged us one more time.

Mom looked Steffi right in the face. She smiled overjoyed and then gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"I have a feeling I know what it's going to be. But don't worry. I won't say anything." Mom then said.

Stefanie and I exchanged a glance. We both wondered how Mom could know such a thing. And especially if it could be true what she thought she knew. Too bad we had to wait a few more weeks to find out.