2 The morning after

With a jolt, I was wide awake. I sat up and tried to get my breathing under control. All night long I had been dreaming about the accident over and over again. And every time, the last thing I saw before I woke up were those bright blue eyes.

It was crazy, but those eyes wouldn't let me go. And I didn't even know this woman. I didn't even know her name. Nevertheless, it seemed to me as if my whole universe had turned upside down by this accident. I just could not explain exactly why. I was also aware of how silly it would sound to others.

I sighed deeply and then climbed out of bed. With heavy steps I went into the ensuite bathroom. I brushed my teeth while staring into the mirror in front of me. Again those eyes flashed up in front of me. Quickly I shook my head to banish these thoughts. Then I went into the shower. I had hopes that the hot water would relax me, but I had no luck. All my thoughts remained on the unknown woman.

I didn't even know how she was doing. Had I really saved her? Or had her injuries possibly been too severe? This thought alone was enough to drive me crazy. And unfortunately I had no idea how to find out who she was and how she was doing.

Once I was dressed, I made my way to the kitchen. Seth and Dean were already up and talking quietly.

"Morning." I mumbled as I joined them.

I immediately went to the cupboard to grab a mug. I poured myself a coffee and sat down at the table with the other two men. I propped my elbows on the tabletop while I held the coffee mug between my palms and inhaled deeply.

"Are you all right, big man? You look terrible." said Dean after a few minutes.

"I haven't been sleeping well. I just can't get the image of the injured woman out of my head." I muttered as I finally put the coffee down.

"I can understand that. You don't witness something like that every day. I'm sure she's fine." said Seth, probably to cheer me up. But it didn't work, on the contrary.

"But how do you know, Seth? She could be dead without us ever knowing." I replied loudly, then dug my hands into my wet hair.

"Calm down, Roman. I'm sure we can find out how she is." said Dean.

"And how? I don't even know her name." I replied.

"We could call the police precinct," he suggested.

"Come on, Dean. You know as well as I do they can't give out information. Just forget it." I said and got up to leave the room.

"You're right, but I'm sure there's a way. I don't think you caught this yesterday, but one of the cops was a fan. Especially of Sethie boy over here. Maybe Seth can give him a call and see if he can get some information. Maybe with the prospect of free tickets," Dean replied.

"Dean, you're brilliant. He gave us his contact card in case we could think of anything else regarding the accident. His name is Officer Gomez." Seth then said, not hesitating for a second.

I turned back around and sat down. He took out his wallet and looked for the police officer's card. Without saying anything, he dialed the number. I had little hope that this would work, though. After all, the cop had to play by the rules, didn't he?

I listened intently as Seth talked to the man on the phone. It took forever. I had no idea what he was telling Seth and the look on Seth's face gave nothing away.

"Thanks again for doing such an excellent job, Sir. Text me your information and I'll make sure you have a front row seat with your colleagues at the next show here in Tampa." he continued, then hung up.

"It worked. I know her name now and what hospital she was taken to." he said to us with a big, proud smile on his face.