17 Roommates

Stefanie POV

"It's a good thing I have so much space, because you sure have a lot of stuff." I laughed as we brought what felt like the hundredth box into the house.

"I think it's deceiving, baby girl. It's just all wrapped up good. Once it's unpacked and in its place, it's not that much." he replied.

I put the box on the floor and braced my hands on my hips. There were boxes and furniture everywhere. It was absolute chaos. Nevertheless, I could not help but smile. I was very happy that we did that. It had definitely been the right decision, because it made us both so happy. The prospect of spending more time together was great.

"Oh, so says the man who has five big boxes for his shoes alone. You have more shoes than me, babe," I said when I saw the stack of boxes neatly labeled in the corner.

Roman stepped behind me and wrapped his long, powerful arms around my middle. I placed my arms on top of his before leaning against him with a deep, relieved sigh. He rested his chin on my shoulder. For a few minutes neither of us said a word. We rather enjoyed the silence and the closeness in this moment.

It certainly took some adjustment for us. And probably we would bicker about one thing or another, but I guess that's part of it. Something perfectly normal. I was more than sure we could work it out though.

"I love you, Stefanie King. I hope you know that." he murmured in my ear and then pressed a lingering kiss to my temple.

Slowly I turned in his arms to be able to put my arms around his neck. The way he looked at me left no doubt in my mind how serious he was. I reached out to him to be able to give him a loving and long kiss.

"Of course I know that! I never have and never will doubt it. And do you know why?" I asked as I looked into his eyes afterwards. Roman shook his head no.

"Because I love you just as much, Roman Reigns. You're the best boyfriend a girl could ask for." I replied softly.

Immediately I saw him wrinkle his nose when he heard the word 'boyfriend'. He still didn't like it much when I called him that. I bit my lip and waited for his objection, which I was sure would come.

"I still don't like that term, baby girl." he grumbled as his warm hands slowly skimmed over my sides.

"I remember. I also remember you saying you'd prefer a different term. And I know exactly what term you meant, babe." I explained with a smirk.

"Oh really? Do you?" he wanted to know.

"I certainly do. And I hope to call you that sometime in the future." I teased him.

"Then maybe you should know that I'm already preparing for that and I don't think it's going to take much longer." He replied with a smug smirk.

"Wait... are you saying... really?" I stuttered, because I wasn't expecting it at all. I just thought it would be fun to tease him.

"You're assuming correctly, Steffi. But don't bother, you won't find any clues or other things in the house. It's all in a safe place. So you can save yourself the snooping." he explained, then laughed at my surprised expression.

"That's kind of mean, Ro! You know I hate secrets. A little hint? Please?" I whined and pleaded, even though it was perfectly clear to me that there was no point.

"I realize that. I promise you that it will be worth it to be patient. Let's unpack for now," he replied in a straightforward attempt to change the subject.

I knew him well enough to know that there was no point in asking him any more questions. He was far too stubborn and would never give anything away unless he wanted to. 

We spent the next few hours bringing some more order into the chaos. Reese paid close attention to what we were doing and had a lot of fun with the empty boxes and plastic crates. He was especially fond of the bubble wrap. Again and again he tried to pop it by jumping on it. But when he got frustrated and started chewing on it, I had to take it away. He gave me an offended look before retreating to his big pillow in the living room.

"I think I'll make dinner. Do you have any special requests about what you want to eat, roommate?" I asked Roman as he was about to unpack his clothes into the walk-in closet.

Slowly he turned around to face me. As soon as I saw the look in his eyes I knew where his mind had wandered off to.

"I know exactly what I want for dinner, baby girl. You!" he said.

Then he quickly strode towards me. Before I could react he had already lifted me up and thrown me onto his shoulder. I squealed in surprise as he whisked me away to our now shared bedroom.