25 Big news

Stefanie POV

Reluctantly, I broke away from my fiancé and went into the bedroom to finally get dressed. The smile on my face was a permanent part of me. I was so overwhelmed by everything that had happened. Hard to believe what can happen in not even 24 hours.

Yesterday I was completely desperate in the hospital and wanted nothing more than to remember. I wanted everything to be the way it was before. And that was exactly what had happened.

All it took were the three magic words from the man who, even without my memories, I felt would always be there for me. He broke the curse that was on me and brought me back to his side. It was like a fairy tale. It sounded corny, but that didn't make it any less true.

And then, to top it all off, we were now even engaged! I would marry this great man who was always by my side. No matter what. I was so happy that I was granted the rare fortune of finding my soul mate.

While I was looking for something to wear, Roman was on the phone with his mother. He wanted to tell her that my memory had returned and ask her if she had time so we could visit her. Roman and I really wanted to tell her our big news in person.

"Steffi?" I heard Roman call out.

"In here." I answered from the walk-in closet.

"Hey, my love." He suddenly murmured as he wrapped his long arms around my middle from behind.

Roman pulled me close and pressed his plump lips to my neck after gently brushing my hair to the side. I sighed with a smile as I tilted my head to the side to give his lips more space to move.

"Mom is so glad you're feeling better and can't wait to see us. It was really damn hard for me not to say anything. But I think she sensed that there was more I wanted to tell her," Roman said after we had enjoyed our closeness for a few silent minutes.

I turned in his arms and then loosely wrapped my arms around his neck. A look at his face showed me how proud he was. Of the fact that he hadn't blabbed and of us, of course. He was so adorable. This world did not deserve such a man. I think God was showing off when he created Roman. Because for me he was without any doubt a masterpiece. And for whatever reason he thought I was destined to go through life with him.

"Then we should get going. I don't want you to burst. Do we want to take Reese with us?" I replied.

"Of course. I'll grab him while you get ready." he said as he gave me another quick kiss. Then he left me alone but not without giving me a little slap on the butt.

---------------------

Roman drove us to his mother's house while Reese sat on my lap. He absolutely did not want to sit in the back seat today. So I held my little one very tightly. Time after time Roman reached for my left hand and squeezed it gently or he lifted it to give me a tender kiss on the back of my hand. It were these many small gestures through which he shows his love and affection. I enjoyed every single one to the fullest.

"Stefanie, oh my darling! I am so relieved that you are well again. I was so worried! It was so hard not to be able to visit you," Pat said as soon as we entered the house.

She gently put her hands to my cheeks and looked at me closely. She probably wanted to make sure I was really okay.

"I know Pat, I'm just as relieved to have my memories back. I was really devastated and desperate. I can't tell you how glad I am to have had your son with me. He was the only reason I didn't lose my mind too." I replied as I reached for Roman with my hand.

"Hello my baby! You're looking much better too. I was worried about you too." his mother said as she turned to him.

"I know, I know, but you still don't have to call me a baby." laughed Roman who had Reese in his arms.

"You are and will always be my baby. No matter how old you get and no matter if you have kids of your own. Once my baby boy, always my baby boy." replied Pat.

"Oh well. Before we discuss this further, we have something we wanted to tell you. I asked Stefanie to marry me, Mom. And she said yes!" Roman then said, clearly unable to wait even another minute.

"Oh my God! That's wonderful! Congratulations!" she gasped, pulling us into her arms. Pat hugged us as tight as she could.

We talked about it for a while longer and Pat would never grow tired of gushing about the beautiful ring her son had picked out for me. Roman was so proud when his mother complimented his taste and choice.

"This is so exciting! I hope you let me help you plan the wedding, sweetheart. I love it and I know how much work it is." she then said.

"Thanks Pat, I was hoping you would say that. Because I don't know anything about this stuff," I replied.

"Stefanie, I know I'm no replacement for your own mother. But if you let me, I will do my best to stand in for her. And I want you to call me Mom from now on, okay? I'm Mom to you." she explained to me.

"Thanks Mom." was all I could say at that moment, because tears were already welling up in my eyes.

--------------

After a few hours, I headed back home with my two men. However, it was difficult to convince Reese. Pat spoiled him as always with treats so that he hardly left her side. Reese enjoyed the extra attention to the fullest.

When we arrived at our house, I went to the mailbox and quickly picked up the mail before we went inside. An envelope immediately caught my attention. It was from WWE, but it was addressed to me, not Roman as I would have expected.

"Babe? Why am I getting mail from your employer?" I asked confused as I started to open the letter.

"I don't know. What does it say?" he asked just as confused as I was.

I began to read what was written there and almost couldn't believe it.

"It's a letter from Mr McMahon himself. He apologizes for the incident with Brock. He writes that they fined him and that I will receive the money. He also has to pay for the hospital expenses," I explained to Roman and then handed him the letter so he could read it for himself.

"It's the least they could do, if you ask me." he grumbled tensely.

"Yeah, maybe. But... my God... I didn't expect this." I muttered as I stared at the check in my hand.

"Why?" asked Roman.

I handed him the check and saw his eyes grow big when he saw the number written there.

$1,000,000