11| Wedding

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Wedding

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 11: Wedding (Evie's POV)

What did I do? What the hell have I just done? Why did I agree to this? Oh. My. God. 

I sat at my desk, groaning softly and putting my head down on my arms, closing my eyes. "So stupid, Evie," I told myself. 

"Knock, knock." I jumped up when someone knocked on my table and lifted my head to see Jason standing there. "Hey," he smiled. 

"Hey," I mumbled, "what's up?" 

"You look a little... dull and defeated. What's wrong?" he chuckled. 

"I just ruined my future in one moment by making the dumbest decision of my life." 

When I didn't add anything, he asked, "Care to elaborate or... no?" 

"No," I shook my head. We looked at each other for a minute before laughing softly. "Anyway, do you need help with anything?" I asked, glancing at the file in his hands. 

"Oh, yeah." He rounded my table and stood beside me, placing and opening the file on my desk. "We were making the sales forecast for this month but we couldn't find the data that we used to make the report we submitted earlier. Is there any chance we could have that back from Mr. Rowan?" 

I looked up at him. "Doesn't anybody have the data on their computer?" 

"No, we worked with hard copies for this month. So... could you maybe get them for us? Please?" 

"Shouldn't you be doing this on your own?" I rested my elbow on the table and held my head, spinning the chair enough to face him. 

"I should... but you're nice enough, aren't you?" 

I rolled my eyes. "And what do I get in return?" 

"Free lunch tomorrow? My treat." 

"Deal," I nodded. 

"Thanks," he grinned and then closed the file, taking it with him. 

It had only been an hour or so since I left Nate's office after destroying my future and if I had any shot at saving it before the situation was out of my hands, it was now. I stood up, throwing my hair over my shoulders, and made my way to Rowan's office. 

"Come in!" he called out at my knock.

I slowly walked in, softly closing the door behind me and then walking to his desk. 

"Yes, Evie?" he asked casually without even glancing up at me. 

"Um, I'm here on behalf of the finance department. They need their last report back to get some data for the sales forecast this month." 

"And why does nobody have any soft copies of the data?" 

"They were short on staff this month since Linda left for maternity leave. So, it was easier for them to work with hard copies and get it done with. Usually, they keep copies on their computers. Can they have the report back? It's only for a day or two."