43| Limits

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Limits

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 43: Limits (Evie's POV)

"Davayte vstretimsya zavtra," Rowan nodded, closing the files in front of him. Let's meet tomorrow. 

"Unfortunately," Nate sighed as we all stood up. "I will not be present for tomorrow's meeting." 

"Pochemu by net?" Mr. Ivan questioned with a frown. Why not? 

"Nate has to go back to New York, Mr. Ivan. We do have a company to run from there, it's impossible for both of us to be here at the same time," Rowan explained. "Is that a problem?" 

"I will be joining in online, Mr. Ivan," Nate clarified. 

"No problem," Mr. Ivan replied, his Russian accent extremely pronounced. 

Throughout this meeting, my job was only to make notes and ensure that everything from the checklist was done. Only I couldn't do half of it because they spoke in Russian and Rowan couldn't translate every damn sentence for me. I felt pretty useless by the end of it, I would have been better off staying in New York and working at the office. 

"Is the young lady your assistant, Rowan?" Mr. Ivan asked, glancing at me. 

"She is my wife, sir," Rowan replied as I collected all our files. 

I glanced up at Mr. Ivan, flashing him the same smile I did when the meeting first began. 

"Ah, prelestnyy," he smiled. 

"What does that mean?" I whispered to Rowan. 

He turned to me, rolling his eyes with a sigh. "Lovely," he whispered mockingly. 

"How long have you two um, been married?" 

"Just over a month, Mr. Ivan." 

"Newlyweds," he sang. "I must invite you both to dinner tomorrow night. My wife loves to cook, so it will be a good opportunity for her. Please do attend," he smiled, handing all the files to his assistant. 

"Certainly," Rowan nodded before we all bid him goodbye and he left. 

"Have fun at dinner tomorrow, newlyweds," Nate teased with a chuckle. "I'm heading out. I have to take Leo shopping." 

"Are you finally going to buy him everything on that little list he has?" I mused, lifting a brow. 

"He has a list?" Nate asked, going still. 

I laughed, nodding. "A rather long one. He'll tell you, I'm sure." 

"I'm starting to believe he tells his aunt more than he tells his own father," Nate said, narrowing his eyes at me. 

"Maybe he does," I shrugged. "But I'm—" 

"Aren't we done here?" Rowan asked, looking between us.