42| Memories

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Memories

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 42: Memories (Rowan's POV)

After dinner that night, Evie went to her room and I intended to go there after I finished up the remaining work that needed to be completed for tomorrow but I ended up working so late that she had dozed off, so instead of disturbing her, I slept in my own bed. 

The next day, we didn't go to work since we'd be flying but between working, packing, and having meetings and calls with the people I'd be meeting tomorrow, I didn't see her much. 

Until the very moment she chose to sneak into my study while I was on a video call with the clients we'd be meeting tomorrow. 

"Sovershenno," I said, my eyes drifting from the screen and to her. Absolutely. "I..." My eyes trailed down the blood-red satin set she had on, her neckline made with lace and her shorts resting higher on her thighs than usual. I cleared my throat, looking back at the screen. "I will bring all the documents in the case that we choose to proceed with the deal, Mr. Ivan," I reassured my client. 

"Nuzhen li nam perevodchik?" he asked. Do we need an interpreter? 

"Nyet, ser. Ya russkiy, vy znayete," I replied. No, sir. I am Russian, you know. I glanced at her again, taking in the way her hair was pulled back into a loose bun and a few strands fell out, framing her face, the ends brushing against her jaw softly.

 "Deystvitel'no? Prekrasno. Do skoroy vstrechi," he chuckled. Really? Perfect. See you soon. 

"Goodbye," I nodded once and hung up the call before sighing and turning my attention to her. "You don't get to do this," I shook my head. 

"What? What did I do?" she chuckled in confusion. 

I beckoned her over with two fingers as I leaned back in my chair. She hesitantly rounded the table and stopped in front of me. "What are you wearing?" I asked. 

"The clothes I always wear," she laughed softly. 

"I must say I rather like the clothes you always wear," I mumbled, tracing the hem of her shorts, where the fabric ended at her thighs. 

She swatted my hand away. "I'm sure you do." 

I grabbed her hand before she pulled away from mine and yanked her down, spinning her waist so she landed in my lap. 

She watched me in amusement and stared at me. "I only came to tell you that we should leave in an hour if we want to catch our flight," she smiled. 

"We don't have to catch our flight, Lyubov. We can leave whenever we please," I sighed, slipping a finger under the strap of her top. 

She blinked in confusion. "Do all airlines wait for Rowan Volkov?" 

"No," I chuckled, "but his private jets do." 

She stared at me, surprise peeking through her eyes. "And how many of those do you have exactly?" 

I held up three fingers. "Three?"