34| Gossip

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Gossip

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 34: Gossip (Rowan's POV)

One thing I never thought you could be late for was grocery shopping but apparently, I was wrong. As I reached downstairs, Evie didn't hesitate to tell me that. 

"How can someone take so long to get ready for grocery shopping?" she asked, slipping her shoes back on as she glared at me before standing up from the couch where she lay with Niko beside her. "What the hell were you doing for so long?" she asked, taking her phone and following me out as I walked quickly. 

"I took my time," I answered. 

"Took your time doing what?" she pressed further. 

"Taking a shower," I huffed, pressing and holding down the elevator button. 

She paused, folding her arms across her chest. "You were... in the shower for an hour?" 

"No." 

"Then?" 

I turned to her, sucking in a frustrated breath through my teeth. 

In amusement, she watched me. "Do I want to know what you were doing, Mr. Rowan?" 

"I doubt it, Ms. Spencer." 

"Oh no, I think I would like to know, Mr. Rowan. You seem rather... frustrated," she laughed. 

"I am," I huffed. Sexually, that is.

"Do I want to ask?"

 "You most certainly do not, Ms. Spencer," I ground out. 

"No more Mrs. Volkov?" she mused. 

"No, you've lost that privilege." I glanced at her before getting into the elevator. 

"Okay," a chuckle poured out of her and she stood beside me. 

Helplessly, I stole a look at her, taking note of what she wore, which was strangely becoming something I mentally noted down a lot. But today she had on simple black joggers and a plain black zip-up jacket on too, that hung off one shoulder, revealing the white strap of her camisole. Her hair was pulled back into a bun while the shorter strands slipped out and framed her face, and unlike usual, she had no jewelry on. Not even the little hoops she always wore. 

"Something to look at, Mr. Rowan?" she asked without looking at me. 

"You've got fuzz in your hair," I replied. She truly did have fuzz in her hair. Her eyes cut to mine with suspicion swirling in them. Sighing, I reached forward and picked out the little strand of white fluff, showing it to her. I blew it in her face as the elevator doors opened before walking out, ignoring the frustration in her groan as she caught up with me. 

As I unlocked the car, we both climbed in and buckled up before I started the car, turning in my seat and placing an arm around hers to back the car out smoothly. She stole a few looks at me but I didn't say anything. I'd rubbed it into her face enough this morning when she mumbled whatever she did about Greek Gods.