20| Wife

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Wife

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 20: Wife (Rowan's POV)

"Rowan!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. 

I bit down on a chuckle and continued using the blender, turning it up another level. 

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God!" she yelled before I heard stomps down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Rowan!" She marched over to me, slamming her hand down on the counter in front of me and then wincing softly, rubbing her palm. 

I turned the blender off and faced her with a blank look. "What?" 

"What the hell? What are you doing? Why are you using a blender like this at seven in the morning on a Sunday?" she asked, making all kinds of fake crying noises while her chin dropped and her shoulders shook. 

"I need to use the blender to make a smoothie. I just got back from a run." 

"Did I ask you? No. Do I care? No, I don't even look like I care. Do not wake me up like this, please. It's the weekend. I know you love to wake up early and run for fun, which is tortuous and something only evil people like you do. You enjoy... you're a.... What is the word?" 

"Masochist," I prompted. 

"Yes! That. You're a masochist. But I'm not," she whined, stomping her feet around. "I was sleeping, you knew that. You did this on purpose." 

"You have no physical evidence to support that claim." 

"You dick." 

"Excuse me, I'm your boss. And your future husband, that's not very nice of you." I faced her, taking a small step forward. She instinctively took a step back. 

"I don't care who you are, you woke me up. Don't expect me to not curse at you." 

"No? Then how else should I wake you up?" I took another step forward. 

She blinked in confusion, her brows twitching as she took another step back. "Don't wake me up at all. I'm an adult, I know how alarms work, I use them, believe it or not." 

"Really? But let's say the alarm doesn't work. How should I wake you up, Lyubov?" I stopped as her back hit the counter behind her. 

She pulled her hands back, grabbing onto the edge and blinking a few times. I leaned forward, lifting a brow, and rested my hands on the counter beside her, caging her in. "Don't," she said suddenly and then ducked under my arm. "I'm going back to sleep." 

"You're not," I called out after her. "We need to leave." 

She groaned, spinning back around to face me, arms folded across her chest. "For what? Where are we going?" 

"To buy the rings since Leo wouldn't come out with us yesterday. And I have another errand to run, so you come with me." 

"And you just have to do this at seven in the morning?"