52| Words

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Words

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 52: Words (Rowan's POV)

I shut the door after letting Niko out and got back in bed. After reading the first two letters, I had a pretty good idea of just how much and just how little Evie really hated me. Before I could read the third one, she insisted that we read the rest together, so I moved and sat beside her, pulling the third letter open while she rested her head on my shoulder. 

"Oh, no," she laughed, turning her face the other way. "This is a bad one." 

"Why?" 

"It was my junior prom." 

"And who did you go with?" 

She turned, looking at me sheepishly. "Nate." 

My brows lifted. "What? You went to prom with my brother?" 

"Junior and senior year." 

"Excuse me?" 

"Well, I needed a date and you weren't there," she replied pointedly. "Nate and I were friends and I wasn't comfortable going with the guys who asked me. So... I asked him." 

"You asked him?" 

"He didn't have a girlfriend back then," she shrugged, "I'm sure if he did, he would have refused." 

"I'm sorry, I'm still not over the fact that you went to prom with my brother twice and neither one of you told me, I'm still processing that," I scoffed. 

She laughed, hugging my arm. 

Dear Rowan... Actually, I don't want to start with 'dear Rowan' today. I'm mad at you. I'm sure you're wondering why but just so you know, I never really need a reason. For the sake of it, I'll tell you anyway. 

I'm mad at you because you're not here. I needed you these past couple of weeks. It's prom tonight and I... don't have a date. Don't you dare laugh, it's not because none of the guys asked me, I'll have you know that some of them did, I just couldn't bring myself to say yes to any of them. 

I... wanted to go with you. If you were here and not the dick you've always been, I would've asked you. Since you're gone, I have to do with the other brother. 

Nate's my friend and he's the best choice for prom, let's disregard the fact that I'm sixteen and he's eight years older, that's one too many older for prom, I know. 

But who cares? I bet Georgia Bennett will finally stop blabbing about her college boyfriend. If you were here, you'd know who she was. 

But you're not... here. And I still miss you. You should know I'm admitting that very reluctantly. Come visit soon, please. I want to see you again and hopefully, we won't argue as much this time. I know that's not going to happen, but hey, let a girl dream. I miss you, asshole.