50| Terms

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Terms

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 50: Terms (Rowan's POV)

A soft chuckle escaped me as Evie pushed me into my chair and leaned forward, teasing me with her gorgeous grin before kissing me. Her lips trailed down my jaw and to my neck while her hands roamed around my body, making my breath hitch. 

"This is," I mumbled breathlessly, "highly inappropriate for my office." 

"Good thing work hours are finally over," she smiled at me. "And there's nobody in this whole building right now other than us." 

"You don't know that, Lyubov. Anybody could walk in." 

"Hmm, we'll see," she shrugged, undoing the buttons of my shirt, both of us halting when we heard footsteps rushing down the hall. She groaned while I took her hands and pulled them away from my shirt. 

"Not all alone after all," I smirked. 

"Can't we leave?" she whined, sitting in my lap. 

"I still have a little bit of work to do." 

She hummed and nodded slowly. "A little coffee?" 

"Bad idea." 

"A little tea?" 

"I hate tea." 

"You love it when I make it," she reminded me. 

"That is true," I nodded with a chuckle. 

"Great. I want some for myself, so, I'll be right back." She left my office, her heels clicking on the floor. 

Not even a moment later, the door swung open but it wasn't Evie. Instead, it was my father. I watched him as he entered the room and stood across from me. 

"You're back. Good to know," he nodded once. 

I ignored him. 

"How was Russia? I'm sure you felt good to be back at your mother's." 

"What do you want?" 

"I only came to tell you that the board is discussing holding the final voting." 

"I'm aware of that. I am head of the shareholders in case you're forgetting, Daniel." 

He chuckled dryly, "How could I?" He paused in thought and stared at me, his eyes slightly narrowing. "I just had a question for you, Son." 

"Stop calling me that. Ask whatever you need to and get out." I said, lifting a brow. 

"Does she know?" he asked after a pause. "Does she know why you married her?" 

"You definitely don't," I replied. 

He chuckled, placing his hands on the chair in front of him. "Does she know it's just because she has a vote?"