Chapter 2 Nightmares

That night, Thomas lied in his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Not thinking, not feeling tired. He was too busy thinking. Thinking of what he could do. He wants to come out with his secret. He knows it could make him feel better. It's just the thought of everyone judging him. "No one evens likes trains..." He said to himself. "And they'll probably freak out at seeing a locomotive with a face." He remembers there was one kid in his class, years ago who loved all things trains, and the poor kid got bullied and harassed for it. Thomas is worried that'll happen to him. But the most thing he's worried about, is that he could hurt someone. He seriously was never great at keeping his engine in at times of stress. He's so scared that when he finally releases his power, he'll never be able to regain control again.

"Maybe I'm over thinking it..." He thought, and he rolled on his side. He hugged his pillow up to him. "Even if I do turn into an engine, what would I do? There is no tracks here.... just the streetcar tracks." He sighed. "It's probably not even my wheel gauge." He was about to live in a place that had all sorts of railway lines. An island. It was abandoned, with old tracks. It was a island for old steam engines to get repaired and sent back to work. Thomas's farther was going to buy the island, so Thomas could be free to be in his engine form, anytime he could want. But the prices went up, and he couldn't afford it.

Thomas actually got to chance to vist it. Just for one day, just before his dad was going to buy it. He felt so free. Riding up and down the tracks as the tank engine, he felt so free. He felt.... happy. Not a single soul to see him. Just the thought of him secretly being a steam engine by day, to help out on this island, then by night a human.

But now, back to reality, he has to keep his engine form a secret. Thomas was now getting tired, so, he shut his eyes.

****

"Thomas......"

"Thomas..... wake up...."

Thomas opened his eyes. "Huh?" He looked around. He was pretty shocked to see that he was not in his bed. Nor was he even in his bedroom.

"Thomas......."

Thomas looked around. "Who... Who's that?" Thomas called out. It was pitch black all around him. He couldn't see anything five feet away from him. He barely could see his own hands. "W-Who's there?" He called out again. There was now, no answer. Thomas was getting worried. Where was he? He felt uncomfortable. This didn't feel right. Thomas, started to walk forward. And right in front of him-

Was a dark looking figure. "W-what?!" Thomas gasped. In the shape of a human, covered in what seemed to be dark mist. "Why, hello you silly tank engine." It said. You could see what seemed to be a face in the dark mist, and it was smirking. Thomas felt even more uncomfortable. This dark looking figure, somehow knows about his secret. "Get away from me!" Thomas yelled. "I'm not even near you, I'm literally 20 feet away from you." It said. Thomas blinked. "But.... if you insist...." Then, it vanished.

Thomas stood in place, terrified. He looked around frantically. This dark creature was no where to be seen. It was so dark, it could pop out of nowhere. Then... Thomas heard a whisper in his ears....

"I'm your new threat...."

***

Thomas yelled with a gasp, and he jumped out of his bed. Panting, he looked around his room. He rubbed his face with his hands. "Ok, that's it. No more thinking about my problems before bed."

He flopped back down on his bed, but then he heard his alarm go off. "Ugh, are you kidding me?!" He slammed his fist down onto the alarm, but once he did so, and got that whiff of anger, he felt a surge in his body. His hands started to tremble, and he saw them turning gray. "Nonononono!" He yelled, he grabbed his hand. "Ok... calm down... calm down!" He closed his eyes taking in deep breaths. Calm and slow, calm and slow.