Chapter 22 Little Number Six

"Son...." He started. "I know... I know you want to come out, with your power. I know you have been wanting to tell your friends about it..."

Thomas tilted his head, because he had no idea what his dad was talking about. But that soon changed when he saw his dad turn on the TV.

"It hasn't been investigated enough, but a very small group of witnesses down in Union Station reported that a very small steam locomotive, crashed into one of the Canadian commuters early this morning. There is only one picture of the incident, but people have been speculating it could be a hoax, since only a few people, had said it had a face at the front,"

Thomas blinked at the TV. He knew something bad was going to come out of that. He slowly looked at his father. "U-Uh... That wasn't me... Dad...."

His dad sighed. "Yes son, because there is definitely another blue E2 class here in Toronto,"

Thomas looked down. "Thomas, I know you said you want to come out with your power, but why were you not more careful!"

Thomas figured he should tell him everything. Minus the dimension-hopping.

"Huh..." His dad said, processing everything. "So... You showed your power to all your friends? Just to save the dance?"

Thomas blinked. "Yes. Basically...."

"Why do you care so much about the dance? Last year you hated it? Why all of a sudden you-...Wait... Oh, isn't this what the date with Carter is about?"

Thomas blushed. Then, he nodded. His dad just smiled. "Ah, I can see why you did this then," Then he sighed. "Love can make you do things, doesn't it?"

Thomas continued to blush. Seriously, If it wasn't for his crush's feelings for Carter, whatever happened today, wouldn't have transpired. "You look exhausted? Good lord, I hope to turn into an engine again, didn't drain you out like this?! I sure hope not?"

Thomas shook his head. "No dad, we just did a... A lot of walking,"

His dad nodded. "Ah, I understand," He said.

Thomas excused himself, to go into his room. Once he entered, he did the usual, set his bag down, then sat on his bed, and started to ponder what happened. "Bloody hell, what a day..." He said, rubbing his face. He's now dating his crush, got a lot of really great new friends, who now know his power, befriended a famous boyband, and somewhat fought a weird creature. He had mixed feelings. He was feeling ecstatic, but he was also feeling a sense of worry. He looked down, at his chest.

Right at the necklace. He placed his hand underneath it and hoisted it up to get a better look at the weird design within it. It was a heart. And located in the middle, was a glass orb that had a bright white cloud swirling inside of it. "What... Is that stuff anyways?" He asked no one. His dad didn't even mention the necklace. He probably just didn't notice it.

He decided he was just going to take a nap. Letting go of the necklace, he lay down on his bed. Just then, his dad knocked on the door. "Thomas? May I say something else to you?"

Thomas looked at the door. "Yes dad," He said. His dad opened the door and walked in. "Son," He said. "Yes?"

"For a while, I've been saving up. I hadn't mentioned it to you, because I wanted to keep it as a surprise. But, I figured I should let you know now,"

Thomas sat up on the bed. His dad sat next to him. "I finally bought the Island,"

Thomas's eyes widen. "Y-You...What?" Thomas asked. His dad smiled softly. "It all belongs to us now," He smiled. "You'll be able to go to the Island, to fully train to use your power... No... pun intended," He said with a chuckle. Thomas smiled greatly, then hugged his father. "Thank you, dad!" He said. His dad smiled back. "You might be wondering when we are going?"