Chapter 26 Valentines 'Hearts'

"Geez... Was I really an engine on those tram tracks-" Thomas said quietly to Carter. Carter smiled, looking out the window. He chuckled. "Yep," He said. "You were,"

Thomas blinked. "Holy crap," He couldn't believe after all that time he held the engine deep inside, he finally let it out like this. To be honest, he felt better. Just letting a few friends know about it, who don't judge him, made him feel better than the many weeks before that. So much happened since he finally let it out. He told Carter how he felt.

After telling him, Carter put his arm around Thomas and held him close. "I'm so happy that you feel better Thomas," He said. Thomas hugged back, smiling happily. After, Carter gave him a small kiss on his cheek. Blushing, Thomas looked away.

"Hehe," Carter giggled.

"What are you two doing~?" Said a curious Mei. "Ahh!" Thomas gasped, looking up. Mei was peeking from over the bus seat. "M-Mei!" Thomas whined. Carter just chuckled. "I just gave him a kiss, and that left him in a blush attack," He said.

Thomas pouted. "Blush attack? I-I'm not Blushing!"

"Thomas, your whole face is red as my hair," Mei stated. Thomas blinked, then glanced at Carter who was giggling at him. Pouting, he crossed his arms and sat forward. Mei just laughed a little, then sat back down. Carter was just giggling at him. "What are you giggling at?" Thomas pouted. "Your silliness," Carter said.

"Oh yeah, well I'll give you something to laugh at~" Thomas smirked. Carter titled his head. "Huh?"

But before Carter could finish what he was saying, Thomas reached over, and started to tickle his belly. Carter bounced back, erupting in a giggle fit. His back hit the wall of the bus. "O-Oh! I'm sorry!" Thomas said. Carter playfully pushed him.

Mei, slowly looked at them again. "What happened?" She asked. "Nothing!" Thomas said. Carter just blankly stared at him. "Um... Okay..." Mei said, then sat back down with Miriam.

Once she did, Carter looked at Thomas, then snorted, then Thomas started to laugh softly. But while Carter was distracted, Thomas started to tickle him again, but in his belly button this time. Carter giggled, pushed Thomas's hand away from him, and blocked his belly with his hand. "Noooo," He playfully whined. "Stop tickling meeee,"

"Why?" Thomas chuckled cheekily. "Because I'm really ticklish..."

Thomas came closer to Carter and rested his head on his shoulder. Then, Carter tilted his head to rest on Thomas. They sat there for a while, until Thomas reached over, and stuck in finger in Carter's belly button again. "Thomasssss-," He laughed, smiling. "What is with you and the tickling," He giggled. "I love to hear you laugh," Thomas said. "There are many ways to make me laugh, not only by tickling," Carter said, crossing his arms. "Like... What?"

"Jokes... Duh," Carter said.

"Jokes? Well... Um... I'm bad at making jokes," Thomas said. "So? I might find it funny,"

"Um... Ok, I got one," Thomas stopped leaning on Carter, and they both sat up.

"I tried to get a job as a railway engineer, but they said I couldn't get the job. You know why?" Thomas looked at Carter. Carter shook his head. "They said I didn't have enough Training!" He snapped his fingers. "Ha! Get it!"

Carter blinked at Thomas. "Ok... No more joke-making for you," He laughed, shaking his head. "Hey! It was a good one!" Thomas snapped. Carter just shook his head, "You got another one?"

Thomas thought. "Ummm... How about this one-" He then said the new joke.

"What do you call a sneezing steam engine?"