Chapter 10 Caught

Thomas had an exasperated expression on his face, as he sat outside the school, on the grass. "Ugh, this is getting ridiculous." He grunted. He had to wait to get calm, to be able to change back. The birds chipped outside, sounding calming, so Thomas tried to use that as some leverage. Shutting his eyes, he took deep breaths. He was getting calm by the second. "Ok... That's it... Be calm..." He told himself. He could feel the stress is his body loosen. His wheels felt light, his mind cleared, and he could feel himself about to warp back. Then, all of sudden, the bell rang. Cutting Thomas off from his thoughts.

With a loud gasp, his opened his eyes quick, and looked at the door. "Oh shit!" He exclaimed. Thomas thought that was the bell for him to get to class, and the instant thought of all the kids seeing him through the front door, clouded his mind, allowing the stress to flow back into his mind, and he was right back at step 1. Thomas tried to move. But since he had no fuel source, it was near impossible.

"Ugh, come on! Move!" Thomas yelled to himself. He strained every ounce of fiber in his wheels. His wheels trembled on the grass, and his traction rod vibrated as he tried, and tried to turn them. He saw the two kids turn the corner, at the other end of the hallway. "AHH!" He gasped. Grunting, he started to apply so much physical force to his undercarriage, his pistons rods started to move. Once Thomas realized he was moving, he started to strain more.

Thomas had thought that he was moving with out any coal or water, but what was really happening, was that the laws of physics was taking it's course. With all the shaking what what Thomas was doing, to be able to reverse, he shook himself right out of the part of grass, that was keeping him from going downhill. "Yes, I'm moving!" But then Thomas realized he couldn't stop.

"W-What, oh NO!" Thomas started to roll backwards on the stopped grass. He ended up going faster and faster, with no sigh of stopping. He tried to brake, but couldn't. He hadn't been an engine in so long, he forgot how to work his own controls. Plus, the stress of the moment, was getting to him. Thomas crashed into the woods that where at the side of the school's backyard, and his entire metal chassis, plowed down the small trees. "OWWW!" Thomas grunted as his back buffers slammed into the bushes. Thomas eventually stopped just after, looking around at the trees at the side of him. He closed his eyes. "Why...." He said. He then realized it wasn't really him, who was moving himself. His entire paint job got all scratched. His backside, his sides. And even his engine number. All ruined. But, he didn't notice, because all the paint damage was away from his eye sight. He took deep breaths, to try and change back. He slowly felt himself turning back, then in a puff of white steam, he turned back into a human, dropping to the floor almost tripping.

Signing, he got back his balance. "I really need to get this straighten out-" He noticed something terrible as he looked down at his shirt. "No... No...."

He pulled his shirt out from in front of him. The entire top had tears, and scratches. Same thing with the pants. "M-My clothes!" He gasped. Then, he looked behind him at the trees. "D-Did the trees scratch my paint off?!" Thomas was nervous, and didn't know what to do. His clothes are his paint in his engine form, the pink undershirt, his the undercoat for the paint. He can't go around with torn clothes. Especially in a school!

"My other clothes are at home! I can't skip school! School started!"

Then, he realized that he keeps some emergency clothes in his locker. The only problem was to get to his locker, and not be seen.

***

Thomas snuck around the school, trying to avoid to be seen. He felt like he was in a Mission Impossible movie. Only to get some freaking clothes of his. He came up to one corner, but the he heard chatter. He quickly took cover, peaking over the wall. It was a girl, that looked a little familiar. She was walking with her friend. "I'm sure you where imagining that Stacy." The friend said. "Hey, I'm telling you! I didn't!" Thomas squinted to try and figure out who it was, but than Thomas realized once he saw she had blond hair. "It's the girl who saw me..."