Chapter 6 Why Am I An Engine?

Thomas ran through the hallway. He couldn't let that girl tell everyone about him. He came up to a corner, but once he rounded it, he slammed into Mei, and all her friends and all of them came crashing down to the ground. They all yelped as Thomas collided with them. Thomas gasped when he realized he was on top of Tyler. He quickly shut up with his face a little red. Tyler blinked at him. "Dude, why you running for?" He asked, as he got up, then helped up Mei, who helped up her three other friends.

Thomas didn't know what to say, he just stood there, with his face looking stressed out. "Yeah? Like, you did this yesterday...Where you ran to the bathroom like a madman." Miriam said.

"Dude, it's totally fine if you have a weak bladder or something." Priya added. But it wasn't a bathroom break Thomas had to use. And he really didn't know how to come clean that he can change into a 50 ton steam locomotive right now. He felt like he would of sounded stupid. "Are.... you ok? You actually look really stressed out, no joke." Mei said, studying Thomas's face. Priya shrugged. "Weak bladders are common, no shame in it." She said.

Thomas was practically sweating, because he really wanted to come clean, but part of him wanted to stay quite about it, and never bring it up again.

Then, the bell rang. "S-Sorry! Got to go to my other class!" Thomas said, as he looked ahead of them, then walked off.

Mei, and her friends turned around and watched Thomas leaving.

"....I Don't know if anyone's picking up on it, but I don't think he's doing too good." Mei told them. Abby nodded. "I wonder what's bothering him-"

******

"I'm so freaking stupid! Why can't I keep the engine in all of a sudden!?" Thomas yelled, as him and Carter was both walking home. Thomas grunted as he kicked a piece of stone. He was upset. And he felt his body change. 'No... not next to Carter...' He would have plenty time to get away from him, but he didn't want to put his best friend in danger. So, he tried to calm himself. Carter noticed Thomas was doing deep breaths. "It... Almost came out again, didn't it?" He asked. Thomas did his last deep breath, then nodded. "Y-Yeah...." He said, then he looked down. Carter put an arm around Thomas as they walked to comfort him.

And, it worked. Carter being close to him, made him feel comfortable, and the feelings if the engine, went away. Thomas sighed, as he was more calmer. "Should I tell dad about what's happening?"

Carter shrugged. "If you want to, Tom. Do... you want to?" He looked at Thomas. Thomas looked at him. "Um... Probably. While I'm at it, I might even ask him some questions. I never understood why I'm the way I am anyways."

"I'm sure Mei never understood herself either. And I'm sure her parents explained." Carter told Thomas. "Yeah..." Thomas said. "I'm just so worried he's going to be extremely worried and nervous that I'm starting to lose control again."

"Getting no support will only make it get worse. So, it's best you have a lot of help when you can get it." Carter said.

Thomas looked at his friend, then softly smiled. "That's... some good advice."

Carter smiled back. "Now... if only I could listen to my own advice." He said. Thomas just sighed, as he placed his left arm around Carter. "I'm here for you, if you need it."

****

"See you Thomas!" Carter waved bye to Thomas as Thomas walked up to his front door. Thomas looked at the door, then sighed. 'I'll... just tell dad about the situation.' He turned the handle, then pulled the door opened, then walked in. His dad was in the kitchen, looking like he was cooking something.

"Now, what did that recipe call for again? Cheese? What cheese..." He was talking to himself as be was looking through what seemed to be a recipe book. Then, he opened the fridge, and looked inside. "Why on earth do I have so many different cheeses....?"