Chapter 18 The Town Stuck At Twilight

There was a brief silence, as all of them stared at Mark. Mei, shook her head, then responded: "D-Destroyed?" She asked, blinking.
"What do you mean by destroyed? Our home is gone?" Robaire asked. They were all rightfully terrified. Mark opened the door, but there was nothing inside. It was just a wooden door. "Oh shit... Did that thing really... kill everyone?!"
"But what about our parents?" Priya asked. "Yeah, are we Orphans now?! I don't wanna be an Orphan!"
Mark, turned his head, looked at Sora, then at Mark. "This is fixable, but it might take some time,"

"Time? How long?" Miriam asked. "Well, you see, dimensions like this, act in a way like a game. It has something like a save file. I'll just have to hack into the backdoor of the dimension's code, retrieve the 'save' and just go from there. I guess Nerraw didn't think this through,"
"So, there is a way back home? Oh, thank God!" Abby sighed in relief. So did Carter and the rest. "This... I can't believe this is happening," Robaire shook his head, then looked around. "Where the hell even are we?!"
"Yeah, the hell is this... hallway? Is.. it a hallway?" Aaron T asked. There were doors on either side. All of them had some form of a mural on them. Screens next to them, then a big rim at one end of the hallway, then at the other, some bright light, like it went outside. Thomas, walked away from Carter for a bit, to go look at the rim, which was seated in place by pipes and wires that connected from it to the wall. He was dumbfounded by what he was seeing.

The weird thing is, that portal rim, seemed like it was on. There was a swirling vortex located inside the rim. "Guy's, please don't wander off," Mark said once he saw Thomas walking over to the portal. All of the teens and kids looked over at Mark, and stopped in their tracks, Abby was already walking to the other side of the hallway. Mark sighed. "I can't keep track of all of you, there's so many of you all here. I want to get you all back to your world safely, so I need you all to stay close to me unless I need you away for a while,"
Mark then looked over at Robaire. "Robaire, about your question. We are in something I call, the "Video Game Hallway". It's the hub where I can go to anything fictional so-"
But then Miriam cut him off. "So, it's... you weren't kidding? We are really... some game characters or something?" She asked. "Well, movie. This is supposed to be the game dimension. I don't know why your world even connected here,"
Sora, who was next to Mark, was standing at the door, trying to see if he could fix it. Mark noticed. "Sora, don't bother. We won't be able to fix it like that. We are probably going to need to fix it a different way," Mark put his hand on Sora's shoulder, then Sora backed away from the door. "Don't tell me we are going to fix it... like we did that other one before-"

Mark shook his head. "We have to find a different way, Sora. The chances of we actually getting a hold of their..." Then he looked back at the other guys. Sora nodded. "I know, it's a wonder how it even worked last time..."
"Um... Excuse me, what almost never worked?" Robaire asked. "Don't tell me you can't fix it..." Priya said. "No! No, I can! It'll just take a while..."
Mark looked ahead of them, then at Sora.
"Sora... um, just so they're not bored, take them into the town while I try to figure out how to fix what Nerraw fucked up," Mark said. Sora nodded. "But, are you sure you can do it by yourself?"
"If I need help, I'll call you," Mark said. Sora nodded.
***

So, Sora did what Mark asked him to do. He brought everyone to the opposite side of the hallway. Where the light was shining through. "Where are we going?" Tae asked. "Yeah, I was wanting to see what this place looks like... What is it?" Abby said, squinting at the entrance coming up. Thomas was nervous walking alongside everyone. One minute, he finally revealed his secret to not only his friends but a famous boy band, the next minute he's in some hallway, that supposedly keeps his world together, just after his world supposedly got destroyed.
Carter noticed that Thomas looked off. Carter took his hand. "Guys, you go on for a moment-"