Chapter 13 Steam Excursion

He decided.

Once and for all he was going to show it.

Plus, this was for a reason.

'I hope it doesn't backfire...'

"Guys... follow me." He said, and he turned away from them, heading out of the Temple. His friends looked at him with a confused look, even Carter looked confused. "Huh? Where?" Mei asked. "And why?" Tyler asked after. "Just follow me, over here.." Thomas crossed the street, crossing over the tram lines heading to the tram depot. He figured if he was going to change, he'll change away from the main street. No one should even be at the tram depot, due to the trams not running. And today seemed like a slow day as well, not many people where even out.

"Uh, why is Thomas walking over to where the trams park at?" Miriam whispered to Mei. Mei shrugged, to which she was really confused at herself.

Thomas just stood over the tram track. He took a deep breath, then turned around to face his friends. "There is only one way to bring those stuff to the Skydome fast." He said. "Huh? What? The trams? We already discussed that they're not running.." Mei said. "No, not the tram...." Then, Thomas looked at Carter. "Me."

Carter seemed like he knew what Thomas was up to. Which in fact he was. He arched his eyebrow at Thomas, with his expression telling Thomas: "Are you sure?"

Thomas wasn't sure. He wasn't sure how'd they react.

"Guys... You remember when I said I was like Mei?" Thomas asked. "Ooh! I do!" Abby yelled raising her arms. "What? Can you change into some animal or something?" Priya tilted her head, asking. "Yeah! Maybe it's bigger than Mei's panda and more stronger!"

"Huh?" Carter asked. He looked over at Thomas confused. "When did you tell them?"

"Wait you know?!" Abby gasped. "What does he turn into!? You have to tell me!"

"I... Didn't tell them what exactly i turn into..." Thomas mentioned to Carter.

"This... is all news to me..." Tyler said. "You can turn into something like Mei?" That's when Thomas realized Tyler wasn't with them when they where all in the closet together.

Thomas started to feel a little anxious with all of those questions. So he figured he was just going to show it.

"I'm... just gonna change into it...." Thomas said. "YES! I CANT WAIT!" Abby yelled.

Thomas took a deep breath. He never showed anyone. He hadn't even shown Carter yet. But all right now, all of them are gonna see. Just for the sake of the dance. "You guys better stand back, I don't want a repeat of what happened when I was younger..."

"Hm? What happened?" Miriam asked. But then Carter backed up, signaling Miriam to the the same. They all backed away from Thomas a little. Once they where at a good range from him. Thomas made sure he was directly over the tram tracks. Then, he concentrated. He never did this before. He always focused on how to turn BACK into a human. He never forced himself to be the engine. He felt himself heating up. The sound of steam whistles and steam wheeshing played in his head, as he stood still with his eyes shut.

"Uh... What's happening?" Tyler whispered to his friends. Carter watched Thomas, as he whispered back. "I think... He's trying to change."

Then, some misty white steam appeared in the air around Thomas, circulating around him.

Then his skin turned gray.

Mei slightly gasped, as she remembered she saw that gray skin tone one time. The steam got more dense. Thomas hair turned blue, then he opened his eyes, which where also blue.