Chapter 29 All Secrets Revealed For Both Of Them

Thomas winced as he sat there as the engine. At least 4 Town already knows, but his entire middle school now knows his biggest secret. All of the kids stood there in silence as this steam engine with a face, was looking at them.

"Um... Choo Choo?" He chuckled nervously. Steam blew out from his pistons in a loud gash. But... part of Thomas didn't care. He had this secret bottled up for far too long. He just wasn't expecting it to come to light like this.

"What the crap?!" One of the kids yelled. "A-Am I dreaming?!" Another said.

"This can't be real!" Another said. "A talking train!?"

Thomas looked at them. He didn't know what to say. But all of a sudden, he saw Mei climbing up onto the stage. "Uh... M-Mei what are you doing?" Thomas whispered to her. Mei walked up to Robaire and took the microphone from him. "Ok... Um... Guys... Uh..." She looked behind her. "You just found out about Thomas's big secret..." She said. She looked at the kids. "He's... just like me. In a way. He can turn into a steam locomotive... I can turn into a Panda. We're... Not really much different,"

"It's a big difference actually," Said a a kid.

Mei sighed. "But... He's still the same Thomas... he's just a steamer..."

"Mei..." Thomas whispered to her. "Can I say something..."

Mei looked behind her, then nodded. She walked up to Thomas and put the mic up to his mouth. Thomas looked at the mic, then at the crowd. "I know... This is jarring for some... It... was jarring for me when it first happened. But, I can change into a steam locomotive. It hasn't been easy, but I've... been getting through it... with the help of my friends... and boyfriend, I've been getting better. Just like how Mei needed to channel her power, I need to do the same with mine... Never expected... Me to ever share my secret in this way... But-"

"Um..." Said a student. He walked up to the stage. "No one knows this about me... I really love trains... Is it okay if I can see inside your cab?" HE looked over at Thomas's way, with a small smile on his face.

Thomas blinked at him, then looked at Mei, 4 Town, then back at the kid. "Um... Uh, sure," He said, slightly confused.

The student smiled happily, jumped up onto the stage, ran to Thomas's cab, claimed up to the steps, and stepped onto the footplate. Thomas could hear how excited he sounded once he got a look at the inner workings of the cab.

But he wasn't the only one. A lot of the kids wanted to take turns looking inside Thomas's cab.

Thomas couldn't believe what was happening. "Cinders and ashes...." He said to himself. No one was being rude to him. No one was acting weirded out. No one was hating him.

Moreover, no one was bullying the kid who said he likes trains. Which, surprised him.

Thomas felt like he was was dreaming. Things were working out too smoothly. He stared off into the distance as the other students were touching him all over, feeling the cold hard iron of the metal engine, feeling and touching the controls, and sitting on his running board. It felt surreal.

He looked out at Carter, and mouthed the words: "What is happening?" He arched his eyebrow as he mouthed the words. Carter giggled and shrugged. "Um... Thomas? That's your name right?"

Thomas looked down and saw another student. Thomas smiled at her. "Yeah..." He said. "Can we blow your whistle?"

"M-My? Whistle? Um... sure...!"