Chapter 24 Telling Him

Thomas sat at the lunch table with Abby, Miriam, and Priya "Woah, are you alright?" Priya asked. Thomas looked at her funny. "Yeah? I am, why you ask?"

She pointed to Thomas's face. "You got a bruise or something?"

Abby nodded. "Yeah, a small red mark,"

Thomas placed his hand on his face. "O-Oh... Nothing..." He said. He knows it was when he ran into the wall, just before he came to lunch. He took his fork and started to eat his food. "Man today was tiring," Abby said, as she slammed her head on the table. Miriam nodded. "It's like they worked us to death because the dance is tomorrow, like what the hell," She groaned. "You three have any dates?" He asked. "Well, you already know I have Mei," Miriam said. Priya shook her head. "Definitely not, Shane won't go with me,"

"Well she might," Thomas said. "I think you should tell her,"

Pyria shrugged. "I don't know,"

"Hey, I wasn't sure if Carter was going to like me back, and look what happened,"

Miriam nodded. "Exactly! So ask her out girl!" She tried to encourage Priya. "Well... Maybe I will..."

"Thomas, what's that?" Abby asked. "What's what?" He saw where she was pointing. She was pointing directly at his chest. "Oh, this?" Thomas figured she was talking about the necklace. He picked it up and placed it in the palm of his hand. Abby nodded. "Yeah, when did you get that? I don't remember noticing it on you,"

"Well-," Then Thomas's voice fell into a whisper, and he came closer to his friends. They also inched closer. "Mark had given it to me," He told them, quietly. "Mark did?" Abby asked. "Wait, you mean what happened Saturday was real? I thought I had a lucid dream," Miriam said, blinking. "I know... it all felt very surreal for sure," Thomas shook his head. "But, Mark said this necklace would keep Nerraw away,"

"Keep it away? How... Would that exactly work?" Priya questioned. Thomas shrugged. "Something about just showing it to Nerraw, and he can't come near it,"

"LIKE A VAMPIRE!" She yelled. Only a little too loudly, and kids at the surrounding tables looked in their direction. "Abby, shhh-" Miriam said. Then, she sighed. "Seriously... It was all surreal,"

"Tell me about it," Thomas said.

The bell rang, meaning that lunch was over. "I'll see you all later, alright?" Thomas said. "Sure!"

"And make sure you do ask Shane out!" Thomas lastly said to Priya. "Geez, I will," She said.

They all said bye to each other, and Thomas started to walk back to class. He turned a corner from the lunch area and saw Percy. "Oh, hey Thomas," Percy said. "Hello Percy," Thomas smiled at him. Thomas was still thinking about Percy's shirt. But there was no way that Percy could be like him, right? His dad did say that countless people around the globe are just like him, but what are the chances that one of them is living in Toronto and going to the same school as him? That sounded way too easy. He always wanted to meet one of the people like him. "Maybe at the dance, I can Percy about it," Thomas said to himself.

It was late afternoon, Thomas had finished up his classes for the day and was walking home with Carter. "Hey, wanna come over this afternoon?" He said as he was walking on the edge of the curb, trying to balance on it.

"Sure... Why not," Thomas said. "I miss playing video games with you, it felt like we haven't... Done those things in a while," He heard Carter say. Thomas agreed with him. "I honestly feel that way too,"

Carter smiled, then jumped back on the sidewalk. "I'm so gonna beat you this time," Thomas said. "You wish tank engine~" Carter giggled.

****