Chapter 11 Turning Red In The Face

Thomas panted, as he tried to catch his breath. Both him and Stacy ran around the school's side, and now where at some area outside. Thomas didn't even know where they where. He pecked around the corner, of the brick wall. He thought the coast was clear, and the teacher didn't follow him. "I can't keep up with this..." Thomas said out loud. He looked over at Stacy. "Well, now you know too. Yes, I'm like Mei. And yes, I can turn into a giant, but technically small tank engine." He yelled, throwing his arms up in the air. Stacy stayed silent. Thomas leaned back on the wall, then dropped on the floor. He covered his face. He sat there for a good 5 seconds, until he felt a hand touch him on his shoulder. Removing his hands from his face, he looked to the left of him and saw Stacy was now crouching down to him on his level. She looked genuinely concerned. "If... You need to talk about anything... I'm here.."

Thomas looked at her. It was kind of unbelievable to him, that Stacy seemed understanding, but then he shook his head. "I've talked enough to Carter, and nothing got solved." Thomas said. "Carter? Is that the other one you mentioned? The other one who knows?"

"Yes." Thomas replied. "Only my dad, you and Carter knows."

"But... isn't this a little.... dangerous? I mean, Mei's panda is big, but you can turn into something way bigger... and heavier, no offense-"

Thomas sighed, shaking his head. "You think I don't know that Stacy? It's one of the reasons I'm trying to keep it in, but... It's all to hard now." Thomas leaned up against the wall, looking up at the blue sky. "I used to could of hid this blue engine in so well... it's like... There's been to much emotions in my life all of a sudden. To many... things I want answered." He thought about it, and he thought maybe it's the crush on Carter, the answers he want for the lady who's responsible for why he's different than anyone else. "Maybe if you solve your emotional problems, you'll be able to control it?"

Thomas looked at her. "Solve? That's easier said than done."

"Well, no one said it'll be easy. It wasn't easy for Mei."

"Well, Mei doesn't change into something that can crush people, weighing 50 tons!" Thomas yelled, slamming his fist into the ground. Stacy gasped slightly. "What I said before, about you being heavy... Y-You... D-Did something bad happened?"

"Bad? Bad?!" Thomas shook his head. "You don't know the half of it. I'm going to live with guilt of that moment that happened to me, for the rest of time." Stacy still had her hand on his shoulder. "I'm... I'm sorry that happened. Just.. know it wasn't your fault."

"If only I kept it in more, it wouldn't have happened."

Stacy was about to say something, but then they heard footsteps. Thomas quickly stood up taking Stacy's hand from his shoulder, pecking around the corner. "Shoot!" Thomas yelled, but in a whisper. "Who is it? Is it the teacher?!" Stacy whispered back. "Yes!" Thomas yelled, but whispering. "Come on we have to go-"

They both quickly got away from there, and walked around the school. The school had a side entrance, so they quickly found that door, and walked into the building. "You, go back to class. I don't want you getting in trouble if I do." Thomas said. Stacy nodded. "Just.. take care of yourself, ok?"

Thomas nodded. "I'll try..."

Stacy sighed, walking away from Thomas, heading back to her classroom. Thomas turned around,  and walked down the opposite hallway to his classroom. He wasn't sure if the teacher was there or not. And he was ready to get yelled at. 'I probably should of handled what I did better...' Thomas thought. Then, he shook his head. Why did he think that? He had to run, or else everyone had a chance to get crushed by a 50 ton locomotive.

He pushed open the door to the classroom. He braced for it.

"Thomas!" He heard the teacher yell. Thomas looked down, as he walked to his desk. The other kids just watched him. By now, the gray skin, had worn off of him long ago. He just sat in his desk. Miriam tried to get his attention. "Thomas? Are you okay?" She asked. The teacher walked over to him, passing by the desks. He keeled down. "Thomas..." He said in a whisper. "Is everything ok? This is the 3rd time you've done this."