Chapter 3: Chronic The All-Being

Blackheart stared out of the two-story window with a slight smile.

"Do not worry, Sylvie." He said to himself.

"This world will finally bend to our knees and the siren race will bow down to us."

Blackheart sighed then with a deep breath, he lifted his palm up touching the glass and the clouds darkened even more. The ground began to open up like a portal that was allowing somebody to enter the earth.

"You know this plan will fail, right?" He then quickly turned and saw a man leaning against a large table.

He looked around then back at the man, "I am sorry, who are you?"

The man gave a soft laugh, "I keep forgetting about my vessels are always new and unrecognizable."

"Vessels?" He wondered and with a gasp he grabbed the stone quickly.

"Chronic. I thought you were laid to rest and never to be seen."

Chronic laughed, "Yes, that were the stories. That ole phrase or whatever you would prefer it was just something made up."

He then looked outside the window with a slight grin, "This plan you are so assure of, it is meant to fail."

Blackheart scoffed, "You have no idea."

"But I do," Chronic smiled as he turned to Blackheart and the room darkened, "whether it is the sonic warrior or a demon. You will perish."

Chronic then snickered under his breath, "The dark lord. You was something once."

"What? Have you come here just to tell me how I am to die? And what do you mean by demon?" He wondered.

"Ah," he ignored the last question and showed a smile, "that is the question. Why would I want to ruin the surprise for you? My time will be coming soon."

Blackheart rolled his eyes, "You are always hiding within a vessel like a coward. Your true form has been buried centuries ago."

Chronic then raised a finger and with a soft laugh he looked at him, "Oh but my true form has been already found. Only time will tell though."

"My lord?" Blackheart then looked to see Angelina walk in and he turned to see Chronic was gone.

"Who were you speaking to?" She asked as she sat in a chair.

Blackheart sighed and chuckled, "Nobody. What happened to you? Did you find out anything?"

Angelina groaned and giggled as she handed him the tracking device, "If I am guessing correctly, they will be finding answers to find him. I underestimated my niece and her siren abilities."

"She has gained them?" Blackheart's eyes widened.

Angelina nodded, "She can no longer be harmed by this scar. Yet I am still alive and not free of this curse."

Blackheart held a washcloth over cold water coming down from a sink and handed it to Angelina. He then smiled as she placed it against her scar.

"It will make no difference." He said to her.

"Soon enough we will have this world to our knees."

Blackheart then saw the portal hole in the ground continue to open up. He saw two men coming from beneath the surface. Or that was what it looked to be anyway.

Blackheart showed a grin, "Things just got a little bit more better."

"Hades," The man looked around and watched the portal close behind them and the clouds above them would stay still then move slowly, "are you certain this is where Dante needed us to come to?"

"Of course, Hermes," Hades nodded and he pointed up to the building, "the one we are supposed to see is up there."

Suddenly, a strange portal appeared and Angelina could see them both from the inside of the building. They then walked through the portal and Blackheart stood next to her with a chuckle.

"You two must be who Dante sent me." Said Blackheart.

Hades gave a slight grin and Hermes looked around the building to see darkness surrounding the entire area.

"He said that something big was coming," Hades tossed a solid gold coin to Blackheart with a smile, "what is it you are requiring?"

"Ah!" Exclaimed Blackheart as he held the coin up toward the cloudy skies.

"Charon's special coin to the underworld. You both have one task that will help Dante take over the underworld and escape hell itself."