Chapter 13: The Calm of The Storm

The moon's light reflected off of the gravestones as a patch of clouds opened up. Only one gravestone was visible in the lighting.

"Here lies Ashley Pierman, loving mother, friend, and hero." Read one gravestone.

Then another gravestone next to it was partially glowing that read, "April T. Pierman. Loving wife, mother, sister, and friend."

Jayce then got down on his knees with a deep shuddering sigh. Chris then followed behind him with a smile.

"I still cannot believe that the stories were true about Krater and your father." He said.

Jayce sighed and smiled as he stood up, "I never thought I would have to be the hero all along. After trying to escape it all, being a siren never dies."

Chris smiled. Jayce then kneeled down to April's grave feeling a tear slide down his cheek as he wiped it away.

"April was a mother?" Asked Chris.

Jayce nodded then stood up with a deep sigh, "That is why I have to find Ryan. Or make it easy for him to find me."

Chris smiled then he looked up to the sky seeing the clouds covering the moonlight where nothing but darkness darkened the graveyard.

"The longer this nightmare continues, the worse Blackheart's plan possibly gets." Said Chris.

"Maybe you should try talking to Jane." Jayce suggested.

Chris rolled his eyes, "She only knows of StarStrike. She barely knows of Chris anymore."

Jayce chuckled and started walking to the graveyard entrance until the sudden sound of footsteps approaching nearby. Chris felt his ring brighten knowing something was different.

A man then stopped across from them with a slight smirk on his face.

Chris gasped with a whisper, "Adrian."

"I have been waiting for this moment for so long, Chris." Adrian snarled.

"Jayce, I think it is time to go." Jayce nodded and as he rushed quickly, Chris clenched his fist and the ring gave a shimmering light that blinded the skies above.

Adrian then showed a crooked smile, "That ring is going to be mine for the taking."

"Not going to happen." StarStrike snapped.

Adrian then lifted his heel up and leaped after StarStrike and StarStrike ran quickly after him as they both collided with their hands touching each other. He could feel Adrian's strength weighing him down. Slowly.

"You ruined everything for me. With that ring, I will be unstoppable."

Chris growled and with every strength he had, he lifted Adrian's body up with their hands still locked and pushed him back tossing him across the ground.

"If you try and take this ring, it will not follow you. Falkor even knew that."

Adrian then stood up with a snarl look and wiped blood from his lip, "You know nothing."

Adrian then rushed at him once more with all of his power then without a single thought, Chris grabbed his fist squeezing his knuckles tightly while hearing the sudden sound of his bones cracking.

Chris sighed, "You cannot handle the power and the risks, Adrian." Jayce then stood behind Chris watching.

Waiting for a moment that he would possibly have to help. Jayce could see the fire in Adrian's eyes and the rage.

Adrian sobbed and could feel his body shutting down as he fell to his knees. Tears running down his face.

Chris then looked to Jayce with a deep sigh and Adrian looked up at Chris, "I wanted to destroy you all of them years ago. And yet you never feel the urge to take me down."

"Why can't you kill me?" He sobbed.

"I learned long ago," Chris began, "After stopping you and Falkor once before there was no point in it. Johnny taught me that."

He then walked away leaving Adrian on the ground with an angry snare. Jayce then followed behind him without looking back.

Jayce quickly walked beside Chris and keeping at each other's pace as they continued back to the home.

"I am sorry that you had to witness that." Chris sighed.

Jayce showed a smile, "At least you showed him mercy. Your dad always taught you that."

Chris smiled and suddenly stopped walking to see a woman standing at a tombstone. Jayce could hear Chris's heart beating rapidly and his eyes said it all.

"Jane." He whispered.

"She is at Tyler's grave." Jayce mentioned.

Chris nodded then with a sigh, he removed the ring and walked closer to the grave. He watched Jane look at him with her beautiful blue eyes and her long brown hair blowing with the breeze.

She showed a slight smile as she could see him walking to her. He cleared his throat as he stopped three feet from her.

Jane then looked at Jayce with a chuckle, "Hello, Jayce. You aged well it seems."

Jayce rolled his eyes and gave a chuckle, "You always have to point that out."

Jane squinted her eyes with a slight smile. She looked to Chris showing her big beautiful smile.

"You have been distant." She smiled.

"I am sorry. I guess I have been caught up into a lot of things lately." Chris sighed.

Jane smiled and looked at Tyler's grave feeling a tear stream down her cheek.

"You looked out for him all those years ago. Far more than I ever could."

"Some days I wish it would have been different." Chris added.

Jane sighed, "There was nothing you could have done. Not even the hero could do much. I was happy he saved him when he did even after finding out he would not be coming home. I came to terms on it all, Chris." She then grabbed his hand showing another smile.

"Maybe you should too."

She then felt him pull his hand away. He then walked away in silence not knowing what to say. After all, his best friend died because of him.

Tyler did not deserve to die.

It should have been him.