Chapter 22: Fallen Kingdoms

Jayce then stared outside the castle's window. Clenching his fist and feeling a small tear running from one eye lid down his cheek.

Ryan stood beside him and Adam stood on the other side. Ryan placed his hand onto Jayce's shoulder showing a smile.

"I never saw that coming. Now Sammie is lost because of me. I did not watch out for her." He sniffled.

"A wise elderly woman once told me, what happened in that moment is not always known. We can only keep going and correct it." Ryan smiled.

Jayce scoffed with a laugh hidden behind it. Ryan laughed back and looked out the window.

"What does that mean exactly?" Jayce chuckled.

Ryan shook his head, "Honestly I have been trying to figure that out since I was told."

"We will find her again, Jayce. Right now, let us focus on stopping Sylvia and Blackheart."

They both then exchanged smiles and Adam then watched leaves through the forest move like the wind was blowing it. Except something was moving through.

Jayce and Ryan could see hellhounds surrounding the castle gates and demons jumping up within the windows with grins and smirks glaring right at the three.

"Dante." Ryan whispered.

Dante then appeared behind the demons with a sinister smile as he walked through the dark shadows. He then stopped and looked over at Jayce.

"You are to come with me." He demanded.

"Over my dead body." Jayce's hands formed into fists and the ground shook with his hair glowing bright white and his eyes becoming bright blue.

Dante chuckled as his eyes widened with excitement, "So this is the almighty sonic warrior. I am only allowing you to go willingly, considering it is your grandmother's wish and not much more time until the destroyer is in her grasp, and she can finally rule this world."

"Wait," Ryan stood in front of Jayce, "she does not understand that with the destroyer, there will not be a world to rule."

Dante shook his head and chuckled, "You are wrong. Now, you have a choice. Come with me without harm or prepare to be forced."

Ryan and Jayce then looked at each other then with a nod, Jayce looked back to Dante. With a leap, he charged after Dante when he quickly dodged and pulled out a vial with a thin needle into the back of his neck.

Ryan gasped as a demon soldier grabbed him by the neck lifting him up from the ground with Adam trying to force him off.

The soldier then swung back knocking Adam out as he fell to the ground. Dante looked at Ryan while Jayce felt his power diminishing and his eyes slowly closing shut.

Ryan struggled trying to escape Dante's grip.

"You are important in this too, little demon. I did not know you would be here. Or be alive."

Dante then dragged Ryan out of the castle and the demon soldier threw Jayce over his shoulder leaving Adam unconscious on the floor.

They then made their way inside Cybertech. Tossing Jayce and Ryan down in front of Sylvia and Blackheart. Sylvia gave a crooked smile.

"I will assume that he did not go willingly?" She chuckled.

Dante scoffed, "I gave him a choice. Unfortunately, he chose the wrong one."

"Jayce." Brad whispered.

TJ started panting with exhaustion. Jayce slowly opened his eyes as Sylvia grabbed him by his chin and lifted him up. Her wings swung to the middle of his neck aiming at the Adam's apple and she gave a grin.