Chapter 7: The Demon

Ryan slowly opened his eyes and looked around, groaning. He tried pulling his arm up but a chain was latched around it.

Ryan scoffed, "Well this cannot be good."

He then heard a door open and men and women dressed in robes stood over him, surrounding him.

"Who are you guys supposed to be?" He wondered.

A woman then stood over him with a silent stare, "You do not have the right to ask questions. We have had you for months and yet you suddenly want to wake up."

"Look," Ryan tried to move with the chain tugging him back, "I do not know why I ended up here. And nobody sent me. I am searching for somebody."

The woman growled and quickly slapped him across the cheek with the back of her hand. Ryan yelled then laughed at the pain.

"Rosalina, make him talk." Said the woman and a young teenage girl then walked from behind her with an assassin knife in her hand.

The men and women then left them both alone. Rosalina sighed and scoffed.

"This is only going to get worse for you." She warned him.

Ryan scoffed then spit onto the hard solid floorboard, "Believe me, I have been through far worse."

Rosalina then grabbed him by the hair, slamming him against the wall behind him with the knife pointed against his neck.

"I am going to ask one more time," she threatened, "why are you here? Who sent you here?"

"I already told your friends I am not sure how I ended up here." He groaned.

She sighed then threw his head back and walked away with a snarl. He then continued to keep his eyes on the knife with an assassin's symbol on the handle.

"Assassins. I heard about your little group." Ryan chuckled.

Rosalina turned around and in the blink of an eye, she placed the side of the blade against his throat.

"You know nothing about me," she growled, "or about my life."

Ryan chuckled nervously, "You are the part of an organization by the name of Dark Assassins. I also heard your name and I know you have a little sister who went rogue and disappeared without anyone even having the knowledge of it."

Rosalina sighed, "She did not disappear."

"I am just trying to find my cousin and hopefully stop what is coming to this world." Ryan told her.

"How do I know this is not some sort of trick?" She asked.

Ryan took a big gulp feeling the blade touch his Adam's apple, "I can promise you that is not the case."

Rosalina was silent then growled as she took the knife and cut the rope off of him. She walked away to the door then looked over her shoulder.

"You best be escaping now. It won't be long until the others get suspicious."

Ryan stood up and made his way to a tall window then turned to her, "You do know that you do not have to stay within this culture."

She showed a slight smile, "Go before I suddenly change my mind."

Ryan chuckled and quickly jumped out of the window then made his way through the woods outside of the castle-like building. He could sense that Jayce was close hoping he could get to him soon enough.

"Hang on Jayce I'm going to find you." He then came to a sudden stop.

He could feel something coming toward him that felt like something speeding fast behind him where he looked behind and quickly moved. An arrow then scraped across his shoulder then getting lodged into a tree.

Ryan saw the arrow just stuck there and turned to see a man aiming a bow toward him.

"Who are you?" He demanded.

Ryan raised his hands up, "Let's not be rash about this."

The man then pulled the string back further with the arrow close enough allowing him to let it go.

"My name is Ryan. Now please lower down the bow and we can have a nice chat."

"You managed to escape that castle back there. The dark assassins are tough when it comes to escaping."

Ryan scoffed, "I have my reasons and right now I am searching for somebody very important."

The man groaned and lowered the bow, aiming the arrow downward then placed it back into his holster on his back.

"It is not safe here," he told him, "we can talk at my campsite."

"What's your name?" Asked Ryan.

The man then walked past him and turned his head, "My name is Adam."

He then continued walking and Ryan raised a brow then shrugged as he followed him to a campsite along a mountain side.