Chapter 24: The Final Call

Sylvia then hovered over First Bright City with the destroyer in front of her.

You could see the darkness that Sylvia was consuming from the monster. She knew the destroyer understood its' sacrifice. The destroyer served its' last days and nights after Wrath stopped the destroyer and vanished.

Sylvia then gave a smile when she heard the swooshing sound approaching behind her. Jayce then clenched his fist with the sound of growling and panting angrily coming behind it.

"After all of these centuries, I finally accomplished my goal. I let my reign happen and done what your grandfather could not." She then turned her head and the destroyer turned to dust.

"This ends now, Sylvia." Jayce growled.

She gave a soft laugh and clenched her fist, "We shall see, grandson."

She then rushed after Jayce and he quickly moved to the right until Sylvia countered, slamming her cosmetic fist into his stomach.

"You are fast, I will give you that," She laughed, "your lack of confidence is holding you down."

Jayce then groaned as he slowly stood up. He leaped up to the skies with his wings glowing brightly clearing out the dark clouds making everything shine again.

Sylvia's eyes widened and with a growl, she charged after him grabbing him by the waist and slammed him into the ground away from the clouds.

"You have much anger building up, Jayce. Why don't you just release it?"

Jayce shouted, "No!", and his hands gave a pulse that blasted Sylvia back away from him.

He could feel himself becoming weak. He felt the rage far more than the heart. He knew she was right about his anger overcoming his confidence.

Sylvia chuckled, "You cannot defeat me. Such a hero, yet you are allowing the rage and anger to take your body then break it in the process."

She then swung her fist up, uppercutting his chin then a dark shadow-like arm pulled from her back and grabbed him to pull him back to her then quickly slammed him into the ground. She held the shadow against his chest tightly until she heard the sound of bones cracking.

Jayce could feel his body failing until suddenly he heard his mother's voice echo through his head. A ball of a blue light appeared from his body forming into his mom, dad, Ty, April, and Strike. He looked up at his mom and dad seeing their warm smiles as they began to speak.

"You can do this, Jayce. You have to push the limit." Ashley shouted.

"Erase that anger, son. You do not have to show revenge. Only power." TJ told him.

Jayce then could feel his body pushing up and the arm that Sylvia held against him struggled to keep him down. She growled angrily as he pushed closer.

She then whispered one specific name when Jayce was up on his feet and his family by his side.

"Alec."

Alec then stood behind Jayce pushing his back with a force so powerful not even TJ could harness the strength his grandfather was giving him.

Jayce lifted his arms up high and guided a soul trap orb in the sky. With the help of Alec, he thrusted the orb with all he had at Sylvia. She screamed and begged to not be sent away.

"You will not ever hurt anybody else." Said Jayce.

"The deepest of the soul realms will hold you for all eternity. I am sorry, my love." She then heard Alec's voice hidden behind Jayce and as his words spoke from Jayce as if he was really there.

Sylvia growled and lifted her hand up, "Alec, do not do this. You can't." Before she could even bare to move, the trap grew large and closed with her disappearing within it.

The souls of the Piermans then vanished, and Jayce fell to his knees. He could feel his bones like they were shattered like a sheet of glass. He chuckled with relief even with the pain halfway hurting him.

He then saw a bright shadow walking toward him. April then appeared with a warm smile and gave a deep sigh.

"April? This is not really you." He chuckled.

She smiled, "In a sense, yes. But I am always watching over you. Give Ryan my love for me."

Jayce smiled, "I did not believe I could ever get this far. Without you or mom."

April then placed the palm of her hand on his left cheek and gave one more, warm smile, "You have come a long way, Jayce. I am so very proud of who you are. If it was not for your uncle, this whole war would have ended differently. You made it your own destiny nonetheless." She then kissed her nephew's forehead then with a wave goodbye, she walked in mid-air aiming for the sunset that was hidden behind the darkened skies.

Jayce could feel the tears and then the warmth of the sun hitting his face as he felt closure.

Peace.

He then heard footsteps approaching and a thud of someone landing onto the ground. He turned around and saw Scarlett walking towards him with a scoff and a smile hidden behind it.

"You've finally done it." She smiled.

Jayce scoffed, "All of this time, I thought giving up would help me forget every single memory of it all. I am glad I found my calling."

Scarlett smiled and stood next to him, "I know you feel horrible for what has happened with Sammie. She would have found out whether it was by me, you, or anybody."

Jayce looked over to her and smiled, "I wish I could have done something to stop it. I looked after her but for what?"

Jayce then wiped the tear from his face and looked away from Scarlett. Scarlett worried.

She knew he meant no harm or meant to let it happen. Only she could feel the pain he would ever feel.

"It is getting late," She told him, "Your father's funeral is tomorrow."

Jayce sobbed softly and looked over his shoulder, "Go ahead."

The wind then howled through the night as Scarlett looked at him with a concerning stare.

"What is your plan, then?" She asked him.

He then gave a slight smile over his shoulder, "I will be around. Watching. I know that soon you all will need me one day."

Scarlett looked back then smiled as she saw Brad approaching and rain started to fall. She looked back to Jayce with a chuckle.

"Remember Jayce, we will always need you. And we will find Sammie." She smiled.

Jayce gave a smile and with a nod, his wings flapped from his back and he leaped up into the sky leaving Brad rushing over next to Scarlett. He scoffed then gave a smile.

"At least this time he can't give up." He smiled.

"He has become something that we could ever need."

Scarlett smiled then started heading to town to prepare for the resting of TJ. Brad then followed behind her and the rain continued on for the remainder of the night.