Chapter 23: A Means To An Ends

Scarlett grabbed Angelina by the wing throwing her up high into the sky and quickly leaped up with a blast of fire shooting from her palm, slamming her into the ground.

Angelina slowly stood up after the sound of Scarlett slamming into the ground, brushing the dirt off of her shoulder.

"Come on, little one." She giggled.

"Is that the best you can possibly do? Do exactly what your mother possibly could not."

Scarlett's eyes then slid back showing flames for her sights. She then charged after her and grabbed her by the throat slamming her into a brick wall.

"Keep my mother's name out of your mouth." She yelled as the flames burned brighter.

Angelina gave a sinister laugh while feeling Scarlett choke her, "Go ahead. It is what your mother wanted. Her own sister to die and get everything she deserves."

Scarlett growled, "I make my own choices. I make my own destiny."

Angelina chuckled and Scarlett felt her hand glowing near Scarlett's stomach then gave a crooked smile, "That is what makes you weak."

The blast then shined brightly, and the pulse slammed against Scarlett pushing her back. Angelina laughed as she walked over to her.

She stood over her hearing the sound of groaning in pain and grabbed her by the hair, pulling her up looking into her scared eyes.

"Say hello to your mother for me." She laughed.

Suddenly, Angelina felt her body cramp up. She let go of Scarlett dropping her to the ground as she started gasping and looking at her arms.

"What is this?" She yelled.

"What did you do to me?"

Scarlett shook her head as she watched Angelina's body turning into complete ash. Angelina screamed until her whole body was turned to ash with her hand aiming for Scarlett, begging.

Scarlett then felt her siren power diminish and she fell to her knees feeling her body grow beyond weak.

She then looked around and saw burned up buildings and trees. She gave a slight chuckle and smiled.

"One down, one more to go." She then stood up and saw Kade approaching behind her with a relieved smile after searching for her all of this time.

"It is all up to Jayce now." She told him.

Kade smiled and nodded, "The skies are still nothing but pure darkness. We are entering dark ages and I still fear the worst is yet to come."

Scarlett sighed, "Any on word about Sammie?"

Kade hesitated and took a deep breath, "Selene has her. That is all I know and if I were to guess, she is planning her return."

Scarlett then turned her head quickly and it was like she felt her heart skip a beat then come to a complete halt.

"Jayce knew about it?" She wondered.

Kade sighed and smiled, "There was nothing he could do. He tried to stop it, but not even the sonic warrior could keep Selene from getting exactly what she wants."

"I just pray that she is alright. If Sammie learns about who she really is, mother died for nothing."

Kade smiled as his little sister hugged him tightly and they both looked up to the dark clouds that covered the skies.

All they could do was sit there.

Wait for the end.