Chapter 2: "There Was Something In Her Eye."

Veronica stared at Sebastian wide-eyed, trying to comprehend what he had just stated. She was sure it was only to get on her nerves, but she wasn't going to let him have his way this time, so she quickly recovered from the shock and looked at him with sarcastic adoration, "Aw darling, you want me to be your first kiss so bad that you are implying that we kissed because we shared the spoon? It's okay, I'll let you have the satisfaction, okay? We kissed." She smiled at him.

He looked at her as though he was impressively taken aback, but within seconds his eyes had the same mischievous glint again, "Sweetheart, I not only want to be your first kiss but also a lot of other things, but for now, I'll be satisfied with the kiss." With that, he leaned in and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Liked that?" he murmured against her cheek.

The things this guy was doing to Veronica were indescribable. And she couldn't stop the butterflies which erupted in her stomach. This wasn't their first kiss on the cheek, they had bid farewells with cute kisses, but this was different. Both of them knew it. He stayed there longer than he should have, but they were just playing, weren't they?

She looked at him in utter shock. Now, she couldn't put on her big girl britches and try getting him, not after he had kissed her cheek like that. She stared at his smirking face, which now was melting her heart, but she wasn't about to show that. Instead, she whisper-yelled, "Sebastian Mariah Knight! For the love of God, keep your lips to yourself!"

Seb's smirk only widened, and he said, "So you liked it." Veronica looked at him quizzically and said, "I never said that, honey." Sebastian leaned closer but not so close and said, "But honey, you didn't even deny it."

She had recovered from everything, so she looked at him, leaned closer, and nearly whispered, "Whatever you say, sweetie, but we both know the truth," and smiled oh-so-sweetly at him.

Ver was not the only one being affected by the position they were in. She was able to see that his naturally brown orbs had now darkened a bit, and he didn't retort with anything like he usually did. They were just staring at each other, and that's when Veronica unconsciously bit her lip, and Sebastian broke the eye contact and looked at her lip, then at her eyes again.

Oh, how badly he wanted to kiss her right now, but they were friends, and he didn't want to ruin it. But he didn't move to get away from the little moment they were having. How could he when she looked so beautiful and breathtaking? If he was given a day to stare at her, he would. He would stare at her all day, admiring her, spending time with her, teasing her, and playing basketball. That was the thing with Ver; she'd play basketball but would also get her nails done. She was his best friend for public record, but he may have given her a head once or twice in his head. He had fallen head over heels for the exquisite beauty in front of him over the years, and now he had to fight back the urge to kiss her.

Veronica was flustered but enjoyed the staring contest they were having; she loved how he gave her so much time and didn't give two shits to any vain matter when she was around. She loved him but wasn't sure enough. After all, it was a 10-year-old friendship they had. She would never want to ruin it because of anything at all. So she tried neglecting how her stomach had become the freaking zoo but failed when he looked at her lips and then back at her. She wanted to grab him by his neck and slam her lips on his, and had she known that Sebastian reciprocated the same feelings for her, she would have done that by now.

They held each other's gaze, and that is when Theodore entered the room and cleared his throat. He looked at Sebastian just like a friend who knows you have a crush on the girl and wiggled his eyebrows at him when Veronica was recovering from her flustered state. Sebastian shot Theodore a glare, which made Theo smirk and continue, "Well, well, what do we have here?" Veronica and Sebastian got up simultaneously and said in unison, "Something was in my eye," "Something was in her eye," they looked at each other, smiling widely. Veronica let Sebastian continue, "so I was just helping her with it." shooting daggers at Theo.

Theo looked at them, smirked, and said, "Sure you were,"

---

"Yeah! I do okay. I do have a thing for him!" Veronica confessed to her best friend on the phone. Since Ver got back to her place from Sebastian's, they had been talking, and Laylah was so happy for Veronica. She had always shipped Sebastian and Veronica, the way Veronica told her everything about the guy was enough for her to know that he loved the girl dearly.

Even though Veronica denied it all the time, Laylah knew they were meant to be; it had been her wish for 2 years now, that at least one of them makes a move. The flirting and everything started when they were 15 and when Laylah got the perfect idea of this guy, she knew he was the one for Veronica. He was excellent; he loved her, teased her, annoyed her, made moments with her, and what not? The guy was everything Ver ever wanted, just like those fictional guys Laylah couldn't get over.

"I always knew it! Always." Laylah beamed; Veronica said, "Of course, you have been shipping us since like what? 10 years now?"

"No, sweetie, I have been shipping you guys ever since I was in mommy dearest's uterus. Oh, that reminds me, mom said I can come for the trip you are planning, so yeah, YAYY!"

"Tell me you are freaking serious. YOU NEVER COME! I swear to God, Boo, I AM SO EXCITED!"

"I know, right! So tell me, for how many days are we going and what kind of clothes do I have to bring with me? And please tell me I am not third wheeling a work-in-progress, to-be couple. I surely am not coming if I'm going to have to be there with you guys ALONE. I wouldn't want to distu-"

Veronica cut off her rambling and said, "Sweetheart, you wouldn't be disturbing at all. Get that in your mind first. And to answer your question, yes, you are not alone. Theo is also coming."

--x--

I hope you enjoyed!:)

Until next time!

-Estrel <3