Chapter 22: "Were you jealous, Sebastian Knight?"

"The dinner was nice," Veronica said as they walked toward the villa.

Laylah hummed, and they continued walking in silence until they reached the foyer; and Laylah asked, "Can I stay at the beach house for the night?"

She continued, "As you see, it's my last day... So I just wan-"

"Sure you can, but not alone-" Josh said, and before he could finish the sentence, Theodore piped in, "I could stay with her,"

"Why? I mean I can be by myself you know" Laylah said a bit annoyed, not looking at Theodore.

"It's not about being by yourself, Lay... Someone just should be there with you if you need anything," Veronica said, and Josh hummed. Sighing in defeat Laylah agreed.

"So, I'll go," Laylah tilted her head towards the direction of the beach house, and Veronica nodded, "Call me if you need anything, though Theodore will be there, still."

Laylah smiled at Ver and started walking towards the beach house while Theodore walked close behind.

---

It had been an hour since they had come back, and Sebastian was sure that Veronica had finished freshening up and was probably in her bed now, sleeping or trying to sleep.

He'd changed into his grey sweats and a white t-shirt after bathing. Not bothering to dry his hair, he left his room and went to the kitchen. He grabbed some strawberries and bananas from the refrigerator. He chopped them roughly before putting all of them in the blender with some sugar, milk, and vanilla ice cream. He blended all the ingredients to make the perfect Sebastian Smoothie. It was a milkshake. But young Veronica had insisted on calling it a smoothie because it was smooth. What? You can't possibly blame a nine-year-old for their innocent reasoning.

So since then, the milkshake has been called a smoothie.

He took two glass jars from the crockery unit and poured the contents into them. To garnish them, he scooped some more vanilla ice cream and put it on the jars, and drizzled some strawberry syrup on the ice cream. Then, he headed to Veronica's room.

He knocked, after which he heard some shuffling. Then the door opened, revealing the cutest girl he'd ever seen, his best friend, Veronica Haynes, a 20-year-old, in hello kitty pajamas. She looked adorable. Her hair was in a bun, some strands falling down on her face. She was so perfect just the way she was.

Realizing that he had stared at her for long and zoned out a bit, he cleared his throat and said, "I brought us smoothie!"

He sounded excited, way too enthusiastic than he intended it to be. Veronica raised her eyebrows at him, and even though the thought of having Seb's smoothie in which he put ice cream instead of yogurt was tempting, she said, "No, thank you." And went to close the door when Sebastian stopped her by putting his hand on the door and pushing it further so that it opened and he could get in. He gently pushed Veronica aside and got into the room.

Veronica scowled at him; closing the door, she asked, "What do you want?"

Without bothering to answer, Sebastian made himself comfortable on the bed. He patted the space beside him, indicating Veronica to be seated. Rolling her eyes, annoyed at him for several reasons, she walked towards the bed but decided to oblige anyway.

Then, Sebastian offered the smoothie to Veronica, and she snatched it away from him. And then dug into the heavenly-looking treat and relished each bit of it. Sebastian watched her and smiled, happy she was enjoying the 'smoothie.'

Then he asked, "Are you mad?"

"Have you done something that could make me mad?"

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at her and said, "I think I may have...?"