Chapter 10: "I have to ask you something."

"Wake up, sleepyheads," Veronica heard Josh's voice and opened her eyes to see a white shirt. Confused, she looked up and realized she was in Sebastian's arms, who had also just woken up by the look on his face. He looked down at her, and she smiled at him. God damnit, that smile. Sebastian thought to himself and smiled back.

Their little moment was interrupted by Theo's groaning. They looked back to see a calmly sleeping Laylah and a sleepy Theo, who had his arms around Laylah's waist and Laylah's arms around him. WAIT A MINUTE! Veronica thought and then looked at Laylah, who was still asleep. Then Theo opened his eyes and realized how they were sleeping. He smiled to himself; without realizing Seb's & Ver's visions, Theo poked Lay's waist and whispered, "Don't you want to wake up, tesoro?"

His voice was barely audible to Seb and Ver, who watched the show, cuddling too. And all of this, in turn, was watched by Josh from his seat.

Theo's voice was muffled but enough to wake Laylah because it sent vibrations through her body because he literally talked into her not-so-flat stomach. Laylah groaned softly and opened her eyes to see Theo's hair. She used one of her hands to ruffle his hair, to wake him up; little did she know, he was already up. He looked back at her, smiling widely, and she was shocked at first but smiled back at him anyways.

Then they both realized the position they were in when they heard a camera click. Wide-eyed, Laylah swiftly straightened up, and Theo did the same. Then they both looked at their audience. Veronica winked at Laylah and showed her the picture she had just taken. Laylah bit her lip and tried biting a smile back but clearly failed. While Sebastian raised an eyebrow at Theo and smirked at him. Theo smiled at him, but then his smile was long gone and was replaced by a smirk as he scanned over Veronica and Sebastian's position. He nudged Laylah, who then looked at Seb and Veronica instead of just looking at Ver, who showed her the picture.

Her eyes widened and twinkled with excitement for her best friend, who was still in Seb's arms. His front pressed against her back while they looked back at Lay & Theo, who were now not in each other's arms. Sebastian and Veronica were confused because of Lay's and Theo's sudden change in reaction and glanced at each other.

Just then, Joshua interrupted whatever staring contest was going on in the back of his car by clearing his throat and said, "Guys, you have successfully wasted 15 fucking minutes staring at each other and acting in a mute drama. I need you all out of the car in the next 5 minutes."

Veronica's eyes widened, and she quickly got out of Sebastian's hold, who groaned annoyedly because of her actions. She sweetly smiled back at him and got out of the car. As she did, Laylah removed her shoes and climbed into the front seat, where Ver was sitting before. She looked back at Theo and asked him to hand her shoes back, who shook his head and gestured for her to come back. She raised an eyebrow at him, motioned him to give her shoes, and said, "Now." Theo still shook his head. And even though she found that adorable, she gave him a deadpan look and gestured again. This time he gave in and handed her shoes to her. She quickly took them, thanked him genuinely, and wore them.

She got out of the car and joined Veronica, looking at the beautiful mansion. Veronica said, "This is the mansion where we can stay, orrr on the other side, there is the beach, where there is a small cottage kind of, just in front of the back of this mansion. Mostly we'll stay in the cottage kind of beach house only. It's beautiful. Warm lights, cozy vibes and all. I remember we used to come here every summer after my birthday. It was so fun, like SO FREAKING MUCH. This trip will also be fun, I just know. Also, before we start our boy gossip, did you call aunty and inform her that we reached?" Laylah smiled at Ver and thanked her genuinely for reminding her to call her mother and excused herself.

As Laylah went away, Veronica walked to the back of the mansion, where there was a flight of stairs to a raised platform. She climbed the flight and realized that there was the second door to the villa on one side while on the other, she could see the sparkling water. She turned around to be greeted by the water and the pinkish-orange hues of the sky because the sun had set just a few minutes ago, a cool breeze fanned her face, and she closed her eyes instinctively to listen to the waves and inhaled deeply. She smiled to herself as all the events with Sebastian flashed in front of her eyes.

She was happy. She thought over what Laylah said. Was she actually in love with Seb? She felt like it. She didn't want to spoil their friendship, but she liked him way too much to hold back now. The way he smiled at her, how they cuddled, everything, made her fall even more. His smile did wonders to her. His happiness mattered so much to her. And with all these emotions flooding in her, two arms wrapped around her waist, and he rested his chin on her shoulder. She instantly knew it was Sebastian even without opening her eyes; his cologne which she was very fond of, gave it away. She turned around, her eyes still closed, and hugged him. Then after a long while, a very long while, she loosened her grip on him and looked up at him. She didn't have to look much up because she was 5'10 while he was 6'3.

They both stared at each other. His eyes had so many emotions swirling in them. So many feelings that Veronica was curious about. Nothing was different in Seb's mind, whose eyes also searched Veronica's to see at least one familiar emotion.

They looked at each other like they had so much to say but couldn't say anything. Seb cupped Ver's cheeks and leaned down. Veronica closed her eyes as soon as his soft lips touched her forehead. His lips lingered there for longer than they should have. Heck! They shouldn't have been in this position just as "friends." But this felt very surreal that none of them had the guts to let go.

Sebastian straightened up, now his hands on her waist, and she looked at him. He tucked a strand of her loose hair behind her ear and said, "I have to ask you something."

--x--

Ahh! Cliffhanger!
Is this it? Will Seb ask her out? Nope there is a longgg way to go, or is there? 

I hope you all enjoyed!:)

Until next time!

- Estrel<3