Chapter 19: "Why don't you figure it out yourself?"

"I'm Mayah," said the brunette standing beside Sebastian in her red bikini. She was beautiful and looked relatively younger than Seb. She had perfect curly hair, which framed her round face cutely. Even though her looks had flattered Veronica, her proximity to Sebastian and the way she clung to his arm were two reasons enough for Veronica to develop an immediate dislike for her.

Veronica smiled at her, not giving a hint of the jealousy she felt, and said, "Veronica," Sebastian wasn't the one who would believe in this façade. His face morphed into a smirking, know-it-all face. Veronica looked at him and clenched her jaw while still smiling.

While this exchange happened, Laylah looked at Sylvie, looking at her smiling. Laylah pursed her lips, bit her bottom lip, and smiled at her, "Laylah, and you are?" Sylvie's smile widened, and she said, "Sylvie,"

Laylah looked at Theodore, who held Sylvie's hand and looked at Laylah with some mysterious intensity. Laylah was standing beside Josh, who was on the left of Veronica between her and Laylah. Veronica was on the side of the sea. As Veronica turned toward the sea to look at it in hopes of calming her nerves, a big wave struck her feet, and she thought she was going to fall on her butt because she had lost her balance. Two strong arms held her. Her back was pressed against a hard chest, and she looked back, smiling sheepishly at Josh. He looked at her with concerned eyes and said, "You okay?" Veronica nodded, smiling.

Their 'moment' was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Veronica looked at the source and found a scowling Sebastian. Veronica raised an eyebrow at him, to which he shook his head, trying to regain his composure. Mayah tugged at Seb's arm, and he looked at her frowning. She gave him a reassuring smile and turned to look at Josh and Veronica, who had developed a considerable distance, and asked, "So what are we going to do?"

"How about we chop your limbs off first and feed them to a lovely sea monster?" Laylah said under her breath that only Josh and Veronica could hear her. She sickly smiled at Sylvie, who looked at her confusedly and then just shrugged when Sylvie asked, "Did you say something?"

While Josh tried his best not to laugh, Veronica said, averting the attention from Laylah to her, "How about truth or shots?"

---

So here they were, sitting in a circle at the center; there was a bottle having the very concentrated cocktail that Laylah and Veronica made themselves, saying that they were 'experienced.' Josh and Seb knew better than to trust the girls because they both knew that the girls were not even the slightest bit experienced neither in drinking nor in making cocktails.

But they weren't left with any other choice but to leave them alone and let the girls make the cocktail when they were threatened by a short girl with two knives in her hands who said, "I'll castrate you both if you don't leave us alone. Then bid farewell to mini-Seb's and mini-Josh's."

Yeah, that was Laylah for you. She shooed them away, and then her best friend and she made the cocktail with god knew what not ingredients. When they tasted the end product, it was strong even though it was juicy and tasty. So while their goal of the cocktail being strong was achieved, there was also a possibility that they got cute drunk! Yeah, that was on the bucket list of the best friends.

The questions started PG, but as time went by and the bottle was still full, Veronica decided to ask a not-so-PG question. It was just about the virginity status, but Mayah and Sylvie acted like they were majorly offended by the question and looked at each other and then at Sebastian and Theodore.

Before the girls could say anything, Sebastian said, "Still a virgin,"

Theodore and Laylah filled their glasses with the bottle's contents while looking at each other, not breaking eye contact even once and gulped their shots.

Josh said, "Have you seen me? I am too hot to be a virgin, you know?" Laylah glanced at Josh and rolled her eyes at him. He feigned an offended look and nudged Veronica, who was staring at Seb. 

She looked at him and raised her eyebrows. He whispered, "Sorry to disturb your ogling but can you make it a bit less obvious while you do that?" and then said the following words aloud, "What about you, Ver?"

She turned red at his ogling comment and said, "Still a virgin."

She added a soft chuckle at the end to make it seem casual and then turned her attention to the twins. "What about you guys?"

"What kind of a question is that?" A fuming Sylvie said. Laylah raised an eyebrow at her and said, "A kind you're ashamed to answer?"

Sylvie scoffed and said, "Mind what you say, bitc-" Before she could complete that, Theodore interrupted in his deep voice, "Don't."

Sylvie looked at him and retorted, "Oh? Or what?" Theodore clenched his jaw, and before he could say anything, Laylah interrupted, "Sylvie sweetie, the question wasn't meant to offend you. If you're offended, we shouldn't be sorry, but I'm sorry for fuelling your obviously unstable state of mind, which caused your lash out. And haven't we made the rules clear? If you don't want to answer, drink. And well... If you can't drink, leave." Laylah gave Sylvie another one of her sickly sweet smiles and waited patiently for an answer.

Sylvie looked at Mayah, and they both got up and began to leave the house. Sebastian got up with them and ran after them. As they were both on the house's foyer, Sylvie said, "I'm so sorry if that was too much, but it was the only way I could think of to make them dislike us." She sighed and continued, "Give my sincerest apologies to Theo,"

"I hope this act finishes fast because I like Veronica and Laylah, and how I wish we could be friends!" Mayah piped in, and Sebastian gave both of them a small smile and bid them farewell, and went into the house back to see that Josh, Theo, and Laylah were absent.

He could hear Veronica humming in the kitchen. So he strolled towards it to see that she was still in her bikini and the cover-up that she had on. Her back was facing him, and just as she felt his presence behind her by the smell of his cologne, she turned to face him.

She ran her tongue through her front teeth, folding her hands in front of her chest; she asked, "What do you want?" 

He raised his eyebrows at her, mimicking her actions, "Can I not come to the kitchen without wanting something?" he retorted.

Veronica rolled her eyes, mumbled something inaudible under her breath, and said, "Sure you can." She fake-smiled at him and started to make her way past him when he obstructed her path and grinned at her.

Irritated, Veronica took a deep breath and asked, "What?"

Sebastian shrugged, "Nothing,"

"Then let me go, idiot." Veronica huffed.

"Why so grumpy?" Sebastian smirked down at her. "You tell me." Veronica raised a challenging brow at him.

"You are grumpy. I am not, so shouldn't you be telling me?"

"Why don't you figure it out yourself?" With that, Veronica pushed Seb aside and walked past him. 

--x--

Omigod!
I am so sorry this took SOOO LONGGGG!!

But I was out and then there were a lot of other things too!! I know the chapter hasn't come out this well, I tried my best though!! 

I don't know when I will update next. I won't make any promises, but hopefully it will be soon!
I love you all!!<33
Thanks for reading!
I hope y'all enjoyed.

-Estrel <3