Chapter 11: "I- uh- I need a minute to myself."

"I know I shouldn't be asking this," Seb continued.

Veronica was growing eager by the second. Was this how he would ask her out? It definitely was giving such vibes. What should she say if he asks? Should she just confess her "incessant love" for him in Laylah's words, or should she just tell him that she would love to go out with him? This would be so perfect. Veronica didn't hear a word of what Seb said in her daze of thoughts and said, "I'm sorry, I was- I was not here, what'd you say?"

Seb sighed and stared into her eyes as if he was searching for something and then said, "Ahh- never mind, it's nothing." and turned his gaze to the waves.

Veronica frowned at him, "You had my curiosity. Now you have my attention. Ask me anything, Sebastian Knight, and I'll answer honestly." Seb raised his eyebrows and looked at her, amused, and said, "Uhh, I- uhh- do you-" shaking his head because of all the stuttering, he continued, "you have my mobile, don't you?"

Veronica's face fell, and it was as if she wanted to dagger Sebastian right then because of all the feelings he'd put her through. Her calm and happy tone changed, turning into a sad one filled with disbelief and frustration, "Ahhh, I do. I will give it to you... Umm, just a minute?"

She grabbed Seb's hands which rested on her waist, and quickly shook them off. Never meeting his gaze just as she was about to leave, he gripped her wrist and told her to turn around. Blinking her eyes multiple times to back away the tears ready to escape, she turned around and looked at him. He looked at her and knew she wasn't okay. He raised his eyebrows at her, asking what happened. She shook her head, released her hand from his grip, and turned around and sprinted into the villa to see her bag laid in the hall where everybody else's bags were.

She saw Lay and Theo bickering about something while Joshua watched them. Then he looked at her and saw a tear escape her eye. Concerned, he quickly got up and started walking towards her. She shook her head towards him and put a finger over her lips, telling him to stay shut, and gestured him to be seated and that she'll let him know everything later on.

Josh shook his head and continued coming towards her; she'd found Seb's mobile in her bag by then. She quickly took it, gestured to Josh that they'll talk later, and ran out of the house.

She met Seb mid-way towards the back of the house and said, "Uhm, here, your phone." Seb nodded at the phone and smiled at her, and she smiled back at him fakely. It wasn't missed by Seb that now the relaxed and calm look on her face had vanished, and she had shot him a fake smile.

She continued walking towards the back without saying a word, so Seb called out, "Ver,"

She turned around and raised her eyebrows at him, not saying a word because she knew she couldn't contain herself if she started talking to him again. He said, "Where are you going?"

She pointed her finger to the back and said, "I'll join y'all in some time. I- uh-" she inhaled deeply and continued, "I uh need a minute to myself," her voice broke as she said that. Seb wanted to ask her what was the problem and his face contorted into a concerned expression, but he decided otherwise and nodded.

With that, Veronica turned back and went to watch the waves. How could she think that Seb would like her? She was beautiful, and she never felt insecure. But at this point, she was mad at herself to expect so much from Seb. He had never confessed anything to her. They did cuddle and shit and all that, and she could never imagine doing that with anyone else, but maybe this was being "best friends" for Seb. She had even found a condom in his room. Maybe Seb never liked her more than a friend. Maybe Ver was unnecessarily bringing her unwanted emotions into this. But all this was affecting her. She couldn't not love him after going through everything with him. She couldn't not be affected by his presence in the room when it had become the very thing that mattered the most to her. As she thought over everything, her cheeks had become wet from all the involuntarily shed tears. It was wrong of her to expect so much from him.... right?

The sky had now turned into a bluer shade, and the moon shined with all its glory, making the evening even more beautiful. The water sparkled, and the scene in front of her was so beautiful that all she wanted was to forget everything and drown her emotions in the sea. Only if she could. The calm, cool wind was blowing, making her shiver, but she didn't care. She decided to not let Seb get closer to her than he should if they were only best friends. All that they did was indeed "couply shit," as Josh said.

And if Seb didn't reciprocate her feelings, she had to get rid of them. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, and a few strands had left the bun. One of which was tucked by Seb behind her ear just a few moments ago. She freed her hair from the bun and shook her head at the feeling of relief. She inhaled deeply, wiped her tears off, and decided that she wouldn't let her feelings fudge everything up.

--x--

I'm not crying. checks Oh crap, I am. sobs
Goddd! 

It's a small chapter, I am sorry! But I hope y'all enjoyed...

Until Next Time!

- Estrel <3