Chapter 13: "Fuck, I'm whipped."

As soon as she heard that, Laylah knew Theodore's voice was. Tears made their way to her eyes, and Veronica was more than shocked. They were both confused, but Laylah knew better than to create a scene and add to the problems that were going on. She swiftly blinked all the tears back and knocked on the door like she hadn't just heard Theodore, the guy she thought she had a crush on, saying that he "can not" like her.

Veronica was speechless. She kept a hand on Laylah's shoulder. Laylah turned back with a smile and wiggled her eyebrows, asking what happened. It was clear to Ver that either she didn't hear what he said because she was in her thoughts, or she was pretending. Veronica shook her head, saying nothing, and that's when the door opened.

Theodore opened the door and shot a smile at Veronica. Then he looked at Laylah, and graced her with his heart-melting smile that widened before he realized something and got rid of the smile. He raised his eyebrows at them, and Laylah spoke, "Where's Joshua?" She could now see the visible tense look in Theo's eyes but decided to neglect it.

"I never thought you'd ask for me, darling," said Joshua, as he came from behind Theodore and got out of the room. Laylah sarcastically smiled at him and said, "If I didn't have work, I wouldn't even think of it, Joshua. Not even in my dreams. " He chuckled at her response, shaking his head and saying, "So, what brings you girls, here?"

"Where are our rooms?" Veronica spoke up.

"Choose any room on the ground floor; they say they haven't cleaned the upper floors. And, Ver, you know your room, right?"

Ver nodded and said, "I came here for Lay,"

"But there are only four rooms," Laylah said smiling at Ver for her courtesy.

"Quite the explorer, aren't you?" Josh smiled and continued, "That's not a problem, though. I can share a room with you if you want," He winked at her and smirked.

Veronica chuckled, and Laylah glared at her, "You see, I will not be sharing my room with you so, you can share a room with your common DNA, or you can sleep on the couch," narrowing her eyes at him.

He chuckled again and said, "Okay, sweetheart, I will share my room with "my common DNA," so now choose any room. And go to sleep. "

Laylah and Veronica shot him a smile and said, "Thank you! Night! "

He smiled back and said, "Good night."

---

Veronica chose the room, which she always did when she went there. It was a cute room, with a world map wallpaper. The Knights and the Haynes were family friends. So they had gifted that room to Veronica on one of her birthdays. They had customized it just according to Ver's liking, and she was on the moon. The room was big enough. It had a queen-size bed for her to sleep in, a desk, and a bookshelf with her favorite novels. It also had a guitar and a beautiful center table with a chessboard.

Veronica remembered the days when she and Seb used to hang out in her room and play chess, in which sometimes she won, while sometimes she let him win. Yeah, she put it in that way. She smiled as she remembered the memories.

She took the guitar in her hand, the same guitar on which Seb had taught her some introductory notes, for the first time. The room had so many memories of her and Seb's that she couldn't think of anyone or anything but Sebastian MotherFreaking Knight all night.

---

Sebastian's condition was nothing different. He was tired of switching sides and positions to get some sleep.

He went over the things that happened today. The way he held Ver in his hands, he felt so fucking at peace when she was in his arms. He knew it wasn't right of him to act so reluctant and like a fucking piece of shit, but he didn't want Ver to think he was a weirdo. And in that attempt, he made her eyes water. What in the world was he thinking? He asked for his freaking phone? UGHH!

Seb got up and decided to go to Ver's room. Theo and Josh had told him to go and talk to her. They said she might expect him to ask what he was actually about to ask, which was to go out with him, like on a date, but he denied their suggestion. They didn't know what could happen if she didn't feel the same and how it would ruin Seb & Ver.

He had said that to them back then, but now he had grown impatient. So. Impatient.

So he got up and decided to take a shower before going to Ver's room. What have you done to me, Veronica Haynes? I've never given a damn about how a girl thinks of me. And then you come and change everything? Fuck, I am whipped. Seb thought to himself and quickly took a shower. He was hard by the mere thought of his beloved best friend, which was freaking unhealthy. Or maybe it wasn't for people who were in love. He didn't know, and not that he cared. At the moment, he only knew that he adored a girl named Veronica Haynes. His best friend, who had become the love of his life.

He quickly put on a black hoodie and wore his grey sweatpants under it, knowing how hot Veronica thought they were. He was confused at first. But then he'd heard Laylah also say the same thing about sweatpants when she was talking to Veronica. Not that he was eavesdropping, though. Girl things, he thought and grabbed his favorite cologne and sprayed it on his neck twice, then on his wrist and rubbed it, smelling it once before running a hand through his wet hair. He quickly took the towel and tried drying it with one rough rub but achieved a messy hair look. He smiled at himself in the mirror, proud of his work, and said, "Okay, look, Seb, you can do it. Just say, 'I love you.' " He realized what he'd said and facepalmed, then said, "No idiot, say, 'Roses are red. Violets are fine. You be the six. I'll be the nine. ' UGHH! Not at all. Seb, you have to tell her you to have feelings, not make her lose all the feelings she's ever had for you, even as a friend. "

After many unsuccessful and unfruitful practices, he decided to leave his room, believe in God, see what happens, and go with the flow.

--x--

Is it finally happening? Or is Seb backing down again? Ahhh, I wish I knew. *giggles*

Hey! But grey sweats have their 🦋charm🦋 if you know what I mean... hehe

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed.

Until next time!:)

-Estrel<3