Chapter 15: "I had a dream."

"Shit." Sebastian cursed as he fell down the bed straight on his butt.

What the actual hell happened?

He groggily opened his eyes and looked on his bed to see Joshua?! What? Where's Ver? It can't be. Heck. Was it a dream?

Joshua was splayed on the bed. He had accidentally pushed Sebastian off it, and Sebastian was pinching the bridge of his nose. 

Heck

Heck. Not again.

Seriously, Veronica Haynes?! There's a limit. You cannot invade my dreams like that. You have done that earlier too, but GOD.

She didn't say no. And morning dreams come true, right? I think I SHOULD give it a try.

But what if she says no? Why would she like someone like me? She wouldn't. But I am her best friend. So she does like me. But I need to know if she like like likes me. Ugh. Why can't I sleep in and just live happily ever after in my dream with Ver? Because you want a real happily ever after with her, idiot. Ugh.

"Yo, what happened?" a sleepy Josh asks me. What do I tell him? That I had another dream of Veronica, for a change, it wasn't a wet one but an emotional one that made my eyes tear up? Get it together, Seb.

"You pushed me off of the bed. That happened." I say, rolling my eyes and finally getting up. Josh raises his hands up and says, "My bad, sorry. But that's not what I meant to ask... why are you so close to crying at the break of the day, sweetheart?"

"I had a dream of Veronica,"

"And wait, let me guess, this time you guys were on the beach, covered in the sand, having the best se-"

"NO! It wasn't a wet dream, Josh."

Josh raised an eyebrow at me and finally straightened up on the bed. Leaning against the headboard, he asked, "Oh, okay, so what was it?"

"I asked her out, and she said yes-" As soon as I finished my sentence, I heard knocking on the door. By the pattern, I was sure that it was Ver, so I opened the door to see a brightly smiling Veronica in her brown puff sleeves flare dress. It had small flowers all over it, and today she'd tied her hair in a high ponytail, and she looked damn. So good.

I had shamelessly checked her out, and when my eyes went back to hers, I saw her staring at my bare chest. I immediately raised an eyebrow at her as she looked back up into my eyes and looked at her with a smug look. Her face quickly changed into a shade of pink. She blinked twice before muttering something to herself, clearing her throat and saying, "Morning! Breakfast will be ready in 30 minutes. So wind up!" She turned on her heel. As she was about to leave, I grabbed her wrist and yanked her closer to me without turning her around, so her back was pressed to my front and whispered, "Morning sunshine," and left her hand.

Even though I couldn't see her, I knew her eyes were ready to pop out of their sockets any time now but instead of retorting back with a snarky comment like she would normally do, she brisked away. Something's up. Stop overthinking.

Something. Is. Up.

---

"Yeah, I will leave in the next two days," Laylah said, pouting as she took another bite of her 'mini-pancakes.' Veronica whined, "Oh for God's sake, can't you stay for like... 4 more days?"

"No, V. I'm sorry, I really can't... There's something important. That's all that mom said. But I'll go by myse-"

"I'm back, sorry, I had to take that," Theodore says, referring to the phone call he had to take; he sits beside me and resumes eating.

"You don't need to go by yourself; I can drop you off," My big brother says. Laylah smiles at him and says, "Thank you, but I can manage." Joshua chuckles at her, and before he can say anything, Theo asks Lay, "Where are you going?"

Laylah says, "Away from you... all," Josh feigns being stabbed in the heart while Theodore raises his eyebrows at her. Veronica chuckles awkwardly and says, "She means she has to leave in the next 3 days and that she can manage to go by herself,"

Laylah nods and then sighs profoundly, takes the last bite, and goes to the kitchen. As soon as she leaves for the kitchen, Theo conveniently stuffs his mouth with the remaining pancake and runs to the kitchen. Desperate man. Says the guy who has been having dreams of his crush forever. Shut up.

Veronica frowns when he follows her but doesn't say anything, and Josh and I chuckle softly at the guy. Then Josh asks, looking smugly at me, "So, did you have any dreams last night, Ver?"

God, I'm going to kill him.

"No, Josh. Why'd you ask that?" Veronica looks at him confused, and he continues, "Because Seb here had an amazing dream, didn't you, Seb?"

My eyes widen, and I quickly stuff my mouth with the pancake. Darn it! What am I supposed to say if she asks what the dream was? Shit. What is wrong with this dickhead?!

Veronica just says, "Oh." I can see her having her own debate and being deep in thought. She's never too thoughtful. Don't get me wrong, she is thoughtful, like perfect thoughtful, but she never OVERthinks. Something is up.

Something is definitely up. 

--x--

Before you come at me, come on,  wasn't everything going too fast? 

It felt too good to be true... There's a long way, sweethearts<3

I hope y'all enjoyed!

Until next time!:)

-Estrel<3